+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Validating the writing test !

takemethere

May 22, 2016
Hello All,
I needed some help to evaluate and assess my writing skills for the IELTS. I will be posting some writing essay and I will urge all to help me improve my writing skills. feel free to comment and I hope this thread will be helpful to all.

"in many countries children are engaged in some kind of paid work. Some people regard this completely wrong, while others consider it as valuable experience, important for learning and taking responsibility."

Essay 250 words.

The case presented here discusses the children (falling under the age of 15)years working for part time jobs. What may be acceptable in a society might not be acceptable elsewhere. These are both sides of the coin and I am of an opinion that both views could co-exist in a society. I remember hearing a thought sometime back learning can happen in institutions knowledge is learnt with working experience.
For years some governments come up with programs and policies for equal paid jobs for any citizen. This free environment is ideal for equal opportunity.Children today have been seen to be taking a lot of part time jobs and contract jobs either for a pocket money or may be to support themselves. In this computer savvy generation the amount of progress children make in short span of time is worth discussion. There are lot of vocational courses in IT , mobile application development, music , dance , singing , aerobics which is a ideal way for them to nurture their talent and explore into part time job opportunities. I have been a spectator of some situations where children as early as age 10 involved in working for IT companies developing a code, solving software vulnerability. There are other jobs like in arts and music where children tend to work for enhancing their passion to the next level as well as monetizing their passion. As an example, I learnt my few guitar classes from teacher when he was just 12 years. These examples are from children who may not have excelled academics but their interest in a field is good enough for earning commercially.
Then there are other sections of society where children in the same age group work for paid jobs that may not necessarily be a product of their interest, perhaps a way to earn extra cash. Lot of reasons could account for such a situation. But I feel, if the society provides job opportunity to young generation this makes them responsible and accountable for their action. However, the need not for profit organization or NGO that doesn’t necessarily promote children doing jobs, rather they should be monitoring the ethical work conditions, communication from employer to young employee and bring transparency to the process.
To conclude, allowing young generation to choose and decide between paid jobs or not is policy decision from a government. I feel improvement and control may be needed in some areas but it should not be opposed and made illegal practice.