+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid visitor visa with expired study permit

sima.elyasi

Apr 1, 2024
Hello, I am currently outside of Canada. I have completed my master's thesis from home and graduated from the university. Though my study permit has expired, I have a one-year valid student visitor visa. I would like to know if I will be allowed to enter Canada to receive my transcript and certificate since my study permit is no longer valid. My stay will only last 10 days.
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am currently outside of Canada. I have completed my master's thesis from home and graduated from the university. Though my study permit has expired, I have a one-year valid student visitor visa. I would like to know if I will be allowed to enter Canada to receive my transcript and certificate since my study permit is no longer valid. My stay will only last 10 days.
Thank you.
Your study permit expires 90 days after course completion. If you have a valid TRV (not study permit), you can enter.

sima.elyasi

Apr 1, 2024
Your study permit expires 90 days after course completion. If you have a valid TRV (not study permit), you can enter.
Thank you for your reply, however as I mentioned my study permit has already expired. But I was able to manage and graduate on time. I am worried that officer at the border will deny my entry since I don't have a status or valid study permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply, however as I mentioned my study permit has already expired. But I was able to manage and graduate on time. I am worried that officer at the border will deny my entry since I don't have a status or valid study permit.
Having a study permit is not relevant. You are entering Canada as a visitor. You show proof that you are coming to Canada for 10 days with return ticket.