+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Visitor Visa - Applying for Super Visa

happyself

Jan 3, 2017
Hi All,

My Mom is currently in Canada with me on visitor's visa. We haven't applied for any extension yet. her visitor's visa is valid till her passport expiry till Aug 2018.

In order to avoid the hassle of apply for extension every 6 months, I wish to apply for her super visa .

Pls advise will it be fine to apply for super visa or simply apply for visitor's extension .... though we haven't applied for any extension yet.

Please suggest anyone with similar experience ?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
happyself said:
Hi All,

My Mom is currently in Canada with me on visitor's visa. We haven't applied for any extension yet. her visitor's visa is valid till her passport expiry till Aug 2018.

In order to avoid the hassle of apply for extension every 6 months, I wish to apply for her super visa .

Pls advise will it be fine to apply for super visa or simply apply for visitor's extension .... though we haven't applied for any extension yet.

Same situation here. My father visa is expiring coming July 2017. Instead of extension we are planning for Super Visa. Same here we never applied any extension for his as well.

Will keep you posted

Thanks
Syed B

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
happyself said:
Hi All,

I just got this information

Dear Client,

The Temporary Resident Unit of the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”) is able to process Super Visa applications if the applicant is currently in Canada under a valid status.

For your information, the applicant may have a valid status (tourist or Visitor Record) during the all process. As the processing time could take several weeks, the applicant may extend his/her stay in Canada by submitting an application to the CPC Vegreville (AB): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp, in order to obtain a new Visitor Record.

Once the status has been extended (if needed), the applicant is able to send his/her application to our office:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Please note that the applicant may include a proof that he/she will travel outside of Canada. Once he/she receives the Super Visa, the applicant needs to enter to Canada to validate his/her Super Visa.

Sincerely,