+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Visa - Expired CSQ

lak09

Sep 1, 2012
Please let me know your thoughts,

My CSQ expired back in December 2012.
I received the PPR request in July 2013, and Federal issued my Visa Stamp in the same month.

I am completing my landing in Quebec in 3 weeks, my question is,

Will my landing in Quebec be successful with a valid Visa but expired CSQ ?

Many thanks,

Nuvin

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
HI

ONCE you landed in Quebec with a valid CSQ even it is expired it is valid into all your paper work in Quebec for next few year.
In event it get expired i suggest you to contact your agency as soon as possible so they can renew it for you.

ALL THE SUCCESS TO YOU AND FAMILY

lak09

Sep 1, 2012
Hi guys,

Apologies for the delayed response, I haven't logged in here for a while, and most notifications go to junk.. not sure why Gmail decided on that.

Agree with Nuvin: an expired CSQ is OK, you don't have to worry about that as long as your VISA Stamp is valid.
There is no harm to get in touch with the issuing office though (of the CSQ). I did that myself, and they assured me it is OK.

Good luck to everyone!

Dinaa

Sep 16, 2018
Hi guys,

Apologies for the delayed response, I haven't logged in here for a while, and most notifications go to junk.. not sure why Gmail decided on that.

Agree with Nuvin: an expired CSQ is OK, you don't have to worry about that as long as your VISA Stamp is valid.
There is no harm to get in touch with the issuing office though (of the CSQ). I did that myself, and they assured me it is OK.

Good luck to everyone!
please I have the same issue here csq will expire on feb 2019 and he visa is valid to may 2019 also the CoPR is valid to may 2019 we want to arrive Montreal on april 2019 as CSQs will be expired .is that a problem and do we need renewal ?

Dinaa

Sep 16, 2018
Please let me know your thoughts,

My CSQ expired back in December 2012.
I received the PPR request in July 2013, and Federal issued my Visa Stamp in the same month.

I am completing my landing in Quebec in 3 weeks, my question is,

Will my landing in Quebec be successful with a valid Visa but expired CSQ ?

Many thanks,
Let me know whats happened with you upon landing.. Thanks

hassel

Nov 24, 2019
Hi!
I have my Copr, pR visa and expired Csq. Midi just emailed me that i need to renew the csq. Visa will be expiring this coming March and i got my ticket already. How long will it take to process a new csq? and if it will arrive after the expiry of my visa, will they provide a new one? Thanks all

robin13

Nov 15, 2016
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
I have in the same situation. Any update regarding how long would they renew CSQ? Coz mine was expired last September 2019. But with valid COPR and Visa onhand. Planning to land in Montreal this March 2020. Some said it is okay to bring expired CSQ as long as you have a valid visa and COPR. Is that information still applicable up until now?

Hi!
I have my Copr, pR visa and expired Csq. Midi just emailed me that i need to renew the csq. Visa will be expiring this coming March and i got my ticket already. How long will it take to process a new csq? and if it will arrive after the expiry of my visa, will they provide a new one? Thanks all

robin13

Nov 15, 2016
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Got this information. So meaning it would be okay to have an expired CSQ when landing.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/updates/2018-quebec-selection-certificate.html

Hi!