+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Passport photocopy request ?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Hey everyone,

I received a request for a photocopy of a valid passport a week back, as my old passport will expire in June.

Timeline

AOR: 10 May
Medical Passed: 15 May
Background in Progress: 19 August.

I called CIC a in January, they informed me that the security background has started in August and is still on going. I wanted to know if a photocopy of a valid passport request by CIC means that security background is finished or not ?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
messiry said:
Hey everyone,

I received a request for a photocopy of a valid passport a week back, as my old passport will expire in June.

Timeline

AOR: 10 May
Medical Passed: 15 May
Background in Progress: 19 August.

I called CIC a in January, they informed me that the security background has started in August and is still on going. I wanted to know if a photocopy of a valid passport request by CIC means that security background is finished or not ?
If you are from Visa free Country then it might be PPR for you. Have they asked to upload or send via courier?

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
RiZ92 said:
If you are from Visa free Country then it might be PPR for you. Have they asked to upload or send via courier?
They asked me to upload a copy on my CIC. Unfortunately, I am from Egypt, which is not Visa exempt :)

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
I just called CIC to ask for the status of my application, as they requested a photocopy of my passport. the message was due the high volume of call, we are unable to answer your call.