+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Marriage License from US?

kjpyyc2017

May 7, 2017
Hello,

My partner and I are planning on getting married this summer. We have been together for 1.5 years and are wanting to live together ASAP after the marriage. If we marry in U.S. will this be a valid license for me to sponsor him to live in Canada? I am a Canadian citizen.

I have been trying to research the process and understand you are to provide proof of relationship etc. which will not be an issue but I want to ensure the marriage license would be acceptable in Canada from US.

He cannot travel to Canada as he is not valid for reentry into the US as he is under the DACA program in US, so we would need to keep the wedding in US.

Many thanks.

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hello,

My partner and I are planning on getting married this summer. We have been together for 1.5 years and are wanting to live together ASAP after the marriage. If we marry in U.S. will this be a valid license for me to sponsor him to live in Canada? I am a Canadian citizen.

I have been trying to research the process and understand you are to provide proof of relationship etc. which will not be an issue but I want to ensure the marriage license would be acceptable in Canada from US.

He cannot travel to Canada as he is not valid for reentry into the US as he is under the DACA program in US, so we would need to keep the wedding in US.

Many thanks.

Yes :) i married my wife in Vegas and there was never an issue about the certificate :)

All the best :)

Kiran90

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
18-02-2018
Passport Req..
18-07-2018
Yes :) i married my wife in Vegas and there was never an issue about the certificate :)

All the best :)
Hi, I am in a similar situation. Could you please tell me the procedure that you did for marrying in the US?

My fiance works in the US and cannot travel to Canada due to his visa restrictions. So I will have to travel to the US. I am a permanent resident in Canada. I want to know
1. What is the initial procedure to get registered in the US (Richmond, Virginia)? Is it to apply for marriage license?
2. When do we get the marriage certificate?

How much time did it take for you to get the marriage certificate?