+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC's in India

manognakatta

Dec 11, 2019
Any idea on vacs reopening for biometrics in India? As the travel restrictions have been lifted we were supposed to hear a good news about vacs opening up for biometrics but still no news.. Any updates please share

manognakatta

Dec 11, 2019
There is no official statement as yet about them opening. But in their update about opening passport stamping service, they did mention it as "first step towards opening VACs in India". On the recent webinar as well, they quoted about it opening on step-by-step basis.
Yes I see they mentioned step by step basis. Now for passport stamping its open what would be the next step according to you? will it be for biometrics or???

sam.devilz19

Nov 7, 2017
St. John's, NL, Canada
Yes I see they mentioned step by step basis. Now for passport stamping its open what would be the next step according to you? will it be for biometrics or???
From my personal opinion, I feel like it being a strategy of processing pending applications of fall 2020 intake (with AIP) first for a second stage approval (passport requests or rejection). They have declared that Winter 2021 intake application will follow normal process. So while keeping winter applicants on hold (by not opening VFS) they can process stage two approvals of those with AIP.

Note; This is pure personal opinion.

Reactions: Wh1teH0rsE

Stringer_Bell_786

Aug 27, 2020
From my personal opinion, I feel like it being a strategy of processing pending applications of fall 2020 intake (with AIP) first for a second stage approval (passport requests or rejection). They have declared that Winter 2021 intake application will follow normal process. So while keeping winter applicants on hold (by not opening VFS) they can process stage two approvals of those with AIP.

Note; This is pure personal opinion.
So does that mean those who r applying for visas in November,won't be getting their visas before their program starts?

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
In Russia, VACs opened yesterday even though we are pretty much in the middle of the second wave.
So I'm guessing you guys should expect them to open next week of the first week of November probably:)
IRCC said they won't do AIPs anymore which means they're planning to open VACs so people can give biometrics

Reactions: mithun5991

mithun5991

Star Member
Jun 6, 2020
In Russia, VACs opened yesterday even though we are pretty much in the middle of the second wave.
So I'm guessing you guys should expect them to open next week of the first week of November probably:)
IRCC said they won't do AIPs anymore which means they're planning to open VACs so people can give biometrics
Thanks so much @Shayshay_127 for sharing this update and boosting our hopes!!