+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vaccine Exemption - Sinovac/Sinopharm People Gather Here.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Any idea if whether govt will allow people fully vaccinated with Sinovac or Sinopharm by Sept?
Had to tell. My wife got Sputnik and that one is not recognized either. We've been reading everywhere about its possible approval but it's uncertain. Several first world countries are just accepting Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca and Janssen.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Had to tell. My wife got Sputnik and that one is not recognized either. We've been reading everywhere about its possible approval but it's uncertain. Several first world countries are just accepting Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca and Janssen.
Which is a bit of a shame because there have been British studies about the efficacy of Sputnik that show that it is to a large degree effective. Based on some countries' experience with Sinovac (like Chile as an example) the same cannot be said about it.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Which is a bit of a shame because there have been British studies about the efficacy of Sputnik that show that it is to a large degree effective. Based on some countries' experience with Sinovac (like Chile as an example) the same cannot be said about it.
I can't tell for sure, but my impression is that most countries are not accepting Russian or Chinese vaccines because of political matters. Canada, USA and European Union are not recognizing them.

Reactions: Aesopzai and arhue

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I can't tell for sure, but my impression is that most countries are not accepting Russian or Chinese vaccines because of political matters. Canada, USA and European Union are not recognizing them.
There is a lot more than political matters. There is not the same level of studies and data and there is uncertainty about how reliable the data is coming out of some countries.

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I feel this way too. China does this too and recognises only Chinese made vaccine and you are forced to take it if you want to enter the country. Soon you could need multiple vaccine types to travel to different countries. It's ridiculous.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I feel this way too. China does this too and recognises only Chinese made vaccine and you are forced to take it if you want to enter the country. Soon you could need multiple vaccine types to travel to different countries. It's ridiculous.
My wife is a case. She got Sputnik back in May and now she'll get Janssen to avoid hotel quarantine in Canada.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
That sucks. Make sure it doesn't result in side effects.
There's information and research about mixing several vaccines, but none for Sputnik and Janssen. But it's our only option. We consulted several experts and they said that it shouldn't be a problem as her second dose was completed in May. It'll be almost three months gap.

Reactions: arhue

adeelhps113

Jul 15, 2020
So do we know if visitors vaccinated with Sinopharm can enter Canada AND take connecting flight within Canada after Nov 30 ?
As per my information they can enter but they wont be able to board any flights so does that mean they can not go to Western Canada through connecting flights ? Please help.

bmvasconcellos

Oct 7, 2021
Hi, I’d really appreciate if someone helped me with this question:
I’m going to Canada in February with my husband (I’m on a student permit and he’s on a open work visa).
I got two shots of sinovac and he got two shots of pfizer.
Is he required to quarantine with me? (We are going to travel together and we are planning on staying in a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment when we arrive)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I’d really appreciate if someone helped me with this question:
I’m going to Canada in February with my husband (I’m on a student permit and he’s on a open work visa).
I got two shots of sinovac and he got two shots of pfizer.
Is he required to quarantine with me? (We are going to travel together and we are planning on staying in a one bedroom, one bathroom apartment when we arrive)
Yes, he will be required to quarantine with you.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
As of November 8, the United States accepts ALL vaccines approved by the World Health Organization
, Chinese vaccines included ...

Very often, Canada follows what the American health authorities are doing ... We'll see.

I read that the UK also applies the same policy of recognition of all vaccines approved by WHO recently

Sources:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html#covid-vaccines

https://www.rfi.fr/fr/amériques/20211015-les-états-unis-accueiller-les-voyageurs-vaccinés-à-partir-du- 8-November

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1830444/etats-unis-frontieres-aux-etrangers-vaccins-autorises-oms

, Piotr.

Reactions: andrews17