+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vaccinations

logic_bomb

Nov 3, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My kid is born in Toronto and following Ontario vaccination schedule , as I am from India he is likely to visit India in his life time and I want him to get vaccines required in India as well anyone tried this before ?

For example I didn't find BCG vaccine in Ontario vaccination schedule, if anyone has info on how to get it please share...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Some vaccinations are considered non-essential for Canadians and therefore you will have to visit a travel clinic and purchase your own vaccines. You may have some coverage under your private health insurance.

Reactions: logic_bomb

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello Everyone,

My kid is born in Toronto and following Ontario vaccination schedule , as I am from India he is likely to visit India in his life time and I want him to get vaccines required in India as well anyone tried this before ?

For example I didn't find BCG vaccine in Ontario vaccination schedule, if anyone has info on how to get it please share...
You should be asking this to his pediatrician.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The government has a website which recommends what vaccinations are recommended if you plan on visiting a certain country. Travel clinics also know what vaccinations you need. Since they are often not necessary in Canada they are usually not covered by OHIP so you will have to pay for the visit and vaccinations. Your private health insurance may reimburse you.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/tmp-pmv/countries-pays/country-pays-eng.php?id=371

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Yes I am going to talk to them , but I think its unlikely they know vaccination schedule in India
You can check on your own what vaccinations are required for India, and then discuss with your pediatrician since they will know what's best for your child.

If a certain vaccination is recommended, if your pediatrician doesn't carry it then they can give you a prescription that you can take to a pharmacy to get filled and bring back to your pediatrician to give to your child.

Else as mentioned you can go to a travel clinic, although I'm not sure if they are the best to recommend vaccines for your child since they wouldn't know the child's medical history like your pediatrician does.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just a reminder that getting vaccinations for travel to another country are not covered by provincial health care. If you go to family doctor/pediatrician/travel medicine MD you will/should be charged for giving the injections. You may want to call ahead of time and ask whether your doctor is willing to prescribe and give you the vaccinations. It will save you a trip if they are not willing to do it and they will probably tell you if there is a fee. I have paid for these injections before.