+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

vacation question

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Hi, if someone has his citizenship application in process and going on a short vacation can he use his Canadian credit card to do transaction in foreign country. Will it cause any issue in his citizenship application. We live with so much fear that we still have this type of what if question, I like to get confirmation from once experience.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

blueshirt said:
Hi, if someone has his citizenship application in process and going on a short vacation can he use his Canadian credit card to do transaction in foreign country. Will it cause any issue in his citizenship application. We live with so much fear that we still have this type of what if question, I like to get confirmation from once experience.
1. Yes.
2. No.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
You are NOT bound to stay in Canada during your application processing times. However, make sure that you inform CIC if you are away for more then 2 months AND make sure you check your status on-line and ask a friend to check your mail, should your test or oath be scheduled when you are away so that you can either do them OR post pone them

Enjoy your vacation.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
my vacation is short. my question was different. can we use canadian card outside canada or can it jeopardize and delay citizenship as cic might think i live outside canada...

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
It is so sad that living here in a developed nation we have to ask such "fear factor" type questions. Sign of the times we live in ! sign of how trust in the government has really gone down in the last few years.....

very sad...... :(

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
my vacation is short. my question was different. can we use canadian card outside canada or can it jeopardize and delay citizenship as cic might think i live outside canada...
Since your vacation is short there is no problem at all. The problem is when you apply and go to live in another country for 8 months or so with no valid reason. Now weather you use your cc or not in another country this doesn't make any difference, on interview day they will check your passport and find out about your post application travel. Bottom line it's not a big issue I'm going overseas for 6 weeks 4 days after applying. Everybody has the right to take a summer break right??

polash123

May 10, 2014
blueshirt said:
I agree with PMM. Yes you can use your credit card abroad. Now days it doesn't matter if you have short vacation.