+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vacation outside Canada after Spousal sponsorship application

uhh-ly-sa

Nov 23, 2016
hi i just wanted to know if its OK for my husband to have a vacation outside Canada for 1 month after application of spousal sponsorship.
thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is he a citizen or PR?

Melinna

Nov 24, 2016
Hi!

I have almost the same question - I'm going to be sponsored by my husband inland, because I want to apply for work permit at the same time, but I will need to travel outside of Canada for a month!while my application is being reviewed. I have a visitor visa for 10 years. Will it be the real problem to cross the Canadian border when I'm back?

Thanks in advance.

M

mikeymyke

If he's a PR, he's supposed to remain in Canada during the processing of the application. He can leave for a couple weeks with few problems, a month might be pushing it and he could risk having the PR app refused.

Melinna said:
Hi!

I have almost the same question - I'm going to be sponsored by my husband inland, because I want to apply for work permit at the same time, but I will need to travel outside of Canada for a month!while my application is being reviewed. I have a visitor visa for 10 years. Will it be the real problem to cross the Canadian border when I'm back?

Thanks in advance.
If you're planning on travelling outside Canada, then don't go inland. A visitor visa is not a guarantee that you can enter Canada, it just simply means you don't have to re-apply for it again, and you're guaranteed to at least make it to the Canadian airport. Whether you're allowed in or not is dependent on the officer during screening.

I suggest you either go outland, or travel first, then go inland.