+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vacation on Canada WP

sehgalp

Feb 28, 2021
Hi - I have a valid WP (closed) and Visa for Canada and am currently working in US for the same company. Can i travel to Canada for Vacation (Next year and Not on work) on my existing Visa? Is this allowed on my Visa that i have got through my WP?

sehgalp

Feb 28, 2021
If you can show your employment letter for your closed permit then yes, you can enter.
Thanks for your reply. I have all the documents to prove that my WP is still valid. But is it allowed or it is a case where it depends on Officer on duty ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your reply. I have all the documents to prove that my WP is still valid. But is it allowed or it is a case where it depends on Officer on duty ?
If you are not actually working for the employer in Canada you can’t enter on your closed WP to go on vacation. If you are moving to Canada to work for the employer you could enter. The employer would need to give you a Current letter indicating that you will be working for their Canadian offices.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Nothing about validity. A work permit is not a visitor visa. You can enter on your WP if you have your employment letter that is tied to your permit.

sehgalp

Feb 28, 2021
If you are not actually working for the employer in Canada you can’t enter on your closed WP to go on vacation. If you are moving to Canada to work for the employer you could enter. The employer would need to give you a Current letter indicating that you will be working for their Canadian offices.
okay makes sense. Do you know if to be certain , do i need to apply for visitor visa ? thanks