+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vacation After submitting PR application?

solanah

Oct 2, 2007
Hi i would like to know if I'm allowed to have my vacation out of Country,if already submit my application as permenent Residence in Canada.I called the immigration.They told different thing,some said I'm allowed,otheres said I'm not.I'm really confused.I'm a Caregiver in Ottawa right now.I also want to ask,because it said in my work permit.I can apply for PR after completion of 24months full time,live-in Caregiver contract.What if I'm in vacation for 2weeks,w/ PAY!but i go out of the country,is this still counted in my 24months period,of it will lengthen my 24months contract before I can apply to my PR??PLEASE HELP..

always

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Solanah,

I'm not too sure with your case but this is based from my experience. I went for holiday outside Canada while my PR was in process and I had no problem coming back. As long as you have a valid working permit and valid visa.I spoke with the immigration officer beforehand and they advised me to have those 2 requirements. You need to ask for a letter of reference from your employer too that you are going on holiday and be back in a certain date fully stated that you are still employed to them. I gathered all of these documents but the first 2 that I have mentioned was asked only at immigration area.
You can try to asked some more from this forum or to CIC.

always

Jul 22, 2008
Thanks BCguy, I have one question for you at the other topic. There's some more coming up later. LOL! Thanks again.