+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC phased re-openings in India (good news for TRV processing time?)

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
Well we applied online too. On the IRCC website.

My application was submitted on July 1. And we still don't have any updates.
Nothing as of yet?

Please tell me details of your application. What did you apply for and from where and who are you applying for etc etc

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
Well we applied online too. On the IRCC website.

My application was submitted on July 1. And we still don't have any updates.
When you said you applied for reunification purposes like I also did, did you follow the instructions on the application form?

I think the form is IMM 5257 and the instructions were that in "purpose of travel" you have to select Other. And then you have to type Covid-19 somewhere. Did you do this? This is the main thing which filters your application out of the normal trv applications.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Nothing as of yet?

Please tell me details of your application. What did you apply for and from where and who are you applying for etc etc
I am a Canadian PR and my fiance is in India with no current Canadian status.
In July, she applied for her TRV as a single/unmarried person who wishes to visit me (her friend) in Canada. We attached travel itineraries and tentative travel dates, and also mentioned in the letter of explanation that we understand that immediate travel may not be possible, but since this visa is usually for 10 years, we are applying now. And we attached all necessary documentation.

On Nov 2, we got married and after marriage, I submitted a webform and also wrote to the IRCC travel exemption email ID that we now qualify under immediate family reunification and supported the email and webform with documents to show strong ties to India. A statement showing her net worth in India, her employment contract, etc.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
When you said you applied for reunification purposes like I also did, did you follow the instructions on the application form?

I think the form is IMM 5257 and the instructions were that in "purpose of travel" you have to select Other. And then you have to type Covid-19 somewhere. Did you do this? This is the main thing which filters your application out of the normal trv applications.
When I applied in July 2020, they didn't have this "Other" and " Covid-19" options for TRV as far as I know.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

Can I reach out to you directly via email or WhatsApp? Would that be okay?

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
When I applied in July 2020, they didn't have this "Other" and " Covid-19" options for TRV as far as I know.
They did have it. They had it since June. When they first announced borders will be open to immediate family members the instructions on how to apply also were there on ircc website. I read it more than 20 times before we applied.

The two main instructions they had were what I said above. Also when you applied as friends meeting that wouldn't qualify under immediate family members. What your now wife should do is upload your marriage certificate thru the GC account portal with a letter stating that you guys are now married. Anyway they mentioned if anything changes on your application to let them know so you guys should.

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
They did have it. They had it since June. When they first announced borders will be open to immediate family members the instructions on how to apply also were there on ircc website. I read it more than 20 times before we applied.

The two main instructions they had were what I said above. Also when you applied as friends meeting that wouldn't qualify under immediate family members. What your now wife should do is upload your marriage certificate thru the GC account portal with a letter stating that you guys are now married. Anyway they mentioned if anything changes on your application to let them know so you guys should.
We submitted our application on June 23rd

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
I am a Canadian PR and my fiance is in India with no current Canadian status.
In July, she applied for her TRV as a single/unmarried person who wishes to visit me (her friend) in Canada. We attached travel itineraries and tentative travel dates, and also mentioned in the letter of explanation that we understand that immediate travel may not be possible, but since this visa is usually for 10 years, we are applying now. And we attached all necessary documentation.

On Nov 2, we got married and after marriage, I submitted a webform and also wrote to the IRCC travel exemption email ID that we now qualify under immediate family reunification and supported the email and webform with documents to show strong ties to India. A statement showing her net worth in India, her employment contract, etc.
Did she get a single entry or multiple entry visa under family reunification?

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
So local MPs are very helpful. You'll have to find out who the MP is in your area and then get in touch with them. You'll have a provincial MP and a federal MP. You'll have to get in touch with your local MP who is federal. They help with federal matters like IRCC, CRA etc.. if you are submitting a spousal application they can even submit it for you along with letters of support etc. They can then follow up with ircc and get you answers as they have a separate section at IRCC for senators etc.
I had no idea individuals can get help from local MPs
Update to this. Payment link finally came yesterday. Printed and filled the forms and attached it with the passport request letter and passport.

Passport picked up today. Keep you posted.
Looks like the ball is finally rolling for you in New Delhi after opening of VACs. That's great. Please keep us posted.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
They did had that option. I applied for my mother in law