+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC phased re-openings in India (good news for TRV processing time?)

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
I am just starting out and currently weighing my options at this point. The idea is to get her here as early as possible. We are not married yet and the wedding date is up in the air. Here are the options I have noted so far -
1. Get married and then do outland (12 months according to IRCC website)
2. Ask her to apply for TRV before getting married. If she gets TRV before wedding then good, otherwise will revisit outland/inland options again when our wedding dates are closer and while TRV is still under processing.

Plus I am expecting a job change and most likely will be moving to a different province by the end of this year. Once my job is done, we will fix our wedding dates based on when I would get a 2-3 weeks vacation. I did not know about the family reunification guidelines (June 23rd) that you mentioned. But since we are not married yet, we can't avail this opportunity at this time.

Can we keep in touch? I would like to hear about your updates. And I will keep you posted on my part as well when things get moving for me.
Which province are you looking at moving to?

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
I am just starting out and currently weighing my options at this point. The idea is to get her here as early as possible. We are not married yet and the wedding date is up in the air. Here are the options I have noted so far -
2. Ask her to apply for TRV before getting married. If she gets TRV before wedding then good, otherwise will revisit outland/inland options again when our wedding dates are closer and while TRV is still under processing.

Plus I am expecting a job change and most likely will be moving to a different province by the end of this year. Once my job is done, we will fix our wedding dates based on when I would get a 2-3 weeks vacation. I did not know about the family reunification guidelines (June 23rd) that you mentioned. But since we are not married yet, we can't avail this opportunity at this time.

Can we keep in touch? I would like to hear about your updates. And I will keep you posted on my part as well when things get moving for me.

So basically me and my partner as well were not married. I applied as a common-law partner because we've lived together for almost 3 years and have shared address plus bank accounts and bills etc being jointly paid. I also got help from an MP in Ontario. You may want to consider this route if you can prove common law status. We signed an affadevit as well that was from CIC. Sure let's keep in touch. My WhatsApp number is +17809933869 and my indian number is 9920873869.

Reactions: cj7

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
So basically me and my partner as well were not married. I applied as a common-law partner because we've lived together for almost 3 years and have shared address plus bank accounts and bills etc being jointly paid. I also got help from an MP in Ontario. You may want to consider this route if you can prove common law status. We signed an affadevit as well that was from CIC. Sure let's keep in touch. My WhatsApp number is +17809933869 and my indian number is 9920873869.
hey quick question, how does a local mp help? like do they write anything for you and then u include it in the application or do they speak on our behalf to cic directly? how did you find a local mp in Ontario? did you just walk in, google one closer to your address or u have to have a reference to speak to one? what type of information was included in affadevit? thank you for any insights regarding this. good luck.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hi so here is an update. We just received the passport request letter for my partner last night. These letters come from IRCC and not Delhi so they usually come in the night around 10pm or 1030pm. Now we are waiting for the payment link and 2-way courier service details. The passport request letter states we have to send the passport in within 30 days from yesterday.

Applied: June 23
Approved: June 30
Passport request letter: Nov 26
Great to know things are moving now. 5-6 months for TRV is a good improvement from 8 months. Thanks for the update.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018

Hello,

I feel your pain. I was in the exact same situation since the beginning of the year. I have a Canadian PR and we applied for her TRV in July 2020, With the VACs in India being closed until recently, we had no way to submit her biometrics.
We decided to get married, I travelled to India and we got married Nov 2 and updated her TRV application as an Immediate Family Member reunification application by emailing IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and also raising a webform.

After the wedding, we both traveled to Dubai and submitted her biometrics on Nov 25. Now, we wait. Also going to start her Outland Spousal PR application while we wait for this TRV. Let's stay in touch if you dont mind?

Reactions: enricoj91 and cj7

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi so here is an update. We just received the passport request letter for my partner last night. These letters come from IRCC and not Delhi so they usually come in the night around 10pm or 1030pm. Now we are waiting for the payment link and 2-way courier service details. The passport request letter states we have to send the passport in within 30 days from yesterday.

Applied: June 23
Approved: June 30
Passport request letter: Nov 26
Are you Indian? TRV getting approved in 7 days is incredible. How did you pull that off?? :p

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
Hello,

I feel your pain. I was in the exact same situation since the beginning of the year. I have a Canadian PR and we applied for her TRV in July 2020, With the VACs in India being closed until recently, we had no way to submit her biometrics.
We decided to get married, I travelled to India and we got married Nov 2 and updated her TRV application as an Immediate Family Member reunification application by emailing IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and also raising a webform.

After the wedding, we both traveled to Dubai and submitted her biometrics on Nov 25. Now, we wait. Also going to start her Outland Spousal PR application while we wait for this TRV. Let's stay in touch if you dont mind?
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience. Sure, we can stay in touch. I will send you a message.

Questions
#1 - How soon did IRCC reply to your email?
#2 - What information/documents did she provide to prove as an immediate family member of a PR holder (you)?
#3 - VACs are giving more priority to family applicants and study permits. Any idea how effectively they are doing this? (maybe its too soon to answer as VACs opened on Nov 19-20).

I will most likely tread the same route as yours, i.e. ask her to apply for TRV before marriage. Update TRV application after marriage and also file Outland. Whichever is granted first, will use that bring spouse to Canada.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hi, thank you for sharing your experience. Sure, we can stay in touch. I will send you a message.

Questions
#1 - How soon did IRCC reply to your email?
#2 - What information/documents did she provide to prove as an immediate family member of a PR holder (you)?
#3 - VACs are giving more priority to family applicants and study permits. Any idea how effectively they are doing this? (maybe its too soon to answer as VACs opened on Nov 19-20).

I will most likely tread the same route as yours, i.e. ask her to apply for TRV before marriage. Update TRV application after marriage and also file Outland. Whichever is granted first, will use that bring spouse to Canada.
Hi.
1. IRCC never replied to our email
2. We provided our marriage certificate to show as proof of being an immediate family member and also my PR card to show my PR status.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Can you share the contact details of the MP in Ontario? My WhatsApp number is +1-484-714-5760

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
We wrote to passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com and got this reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for writing to the Canada Passport Submission Desk.

Step 1: We would request you to provide the below details as an attachment in a text (.txt) file if you have received the passport submission letter from the High Commission in New Delhi to assist you further.

1. Application number:
2. UCI number:
3. Name:
4. Number of passports for package transmission:
5. Contact numbers:
6. Email address:
7. Person address and pin-code for collection:
8. Desired date for collection (minimum 24 hours is required):
9. Location at which biometrics was enrolled:
10. Please confirm if you would like to opt for SMS service:

Step 2: Once the above details are received we will share the payment link with you accordingly.

Step 3: We will share the airway bill number, courier form and consent form after the payment has been received.

Step 4: It is mandatory to submit a duly completed and signed VFS consent form along with your passport, courier form and any other document required by the High Commission.

Step 5: Keep the envelope ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Blue dart courier executive. The airway bill number must be provided to the Blue dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.

"To,
The Officer
VFS Global Canada"

Some of these steps seem a bit pointless given that they already have our information, but anyway, following the process we've responded back with a .txt file completing step 1. Waiting for the payment link from them. Dont know how long this takes but nothing came today after following up as well. Fingers crossed.

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
Are you Indian? TRV getting approved in 7 days is incredible. How did you pull that off?? :p
No I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is indian. Well this was all done online so directly thru ircc and not Delhi. Thats why all of this happened very fast. When the ball came to Delhis court for the passport letter that now took 5 months.

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
We wrote to passportsubmission@vfshelpline.com and got this reply:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Step 1: We would request you to provide the below details as an attachment in a text (.txt) file if you have received the passport submission letter from the High Commission in New Delhi to assist you further.

1. Application number:
2. UCI number:
3. Name:
4. Number of passports for package transmission:
5. Contact numbers:
6. Email address:
7. Person address and pin-code for collection:
8. Desired date for collection (minimum 24 hours is required):
9. Location at which biometrics was enrolled:
10. Please confirm if you would like to opt for SMS service:

Step 2: Once the above details are received we will share the payment link with you accordingly.

Step 3: We will share the airway bill number, courier form and consent form after the payment has been received.

Step 4: It is mandatory to submit a duly completed and signed VFS consent form along with your passport, courier form and any other document required by the High Commission.

Step 5: Keep the envelope ready with all the documents mentioned above and hand it over to the Blue dart courier executive. The airway bill number must be provided to the Blue dart pick up staff on the date of pickup and write the below text on the envelope.

"To,
The Officer
VFS Global Canada"

Some of these steps seem a bit pointless given that they already have our information, but anyway, following the process we've responded back with a .txt file completing step 1. Waiting for the payment link from them. Dont know how long this takes but nothing came today after following up as well. Fingers crossed.
Update to this. Payment link finally came yesterday. Printed and filled the forms and attached it with the passport request letter and passport.

Passport picked up today. Keep you posted.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Well we applied online too. On the IRCC website.

My application was submitted on July 1. And we still don't have any updates.

enricoj91

May 27, 2020
hey quick question, how does a local mp help? like do they write anything for you and then u include it in the application or do they speak on our behalf to cic directly? how did you find a local mp in Ontario? did you just walk in, google one closer to your address or u have to have a reference to speak to one? what type of information was included in affadevit? thank you for any insights regarding this. good luck.
So local MPs are very helpful. You'll have to find out who the MP is in your area and then get in touch with them. You'll have a provincial MP and a federal MP. You'll have to get in touch with your local MP who is federal. They help with federal matters like IRCC, CRA etc.. if you are submitting a spousal application they can even submit it for you along with letters of support etc. They can then follow up with ircc and get you answers as they have a separate section at IRCC for senators etc.

Reactions: cj7

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
So local MPs are very helpful. You'll have to find out who the MP is in your area and then get in touch with them. You'll have a provincial MP and a federal MP. You'll have to get in touch with your local MP who is federal. They help with federal matters like IRCC, CRA etc.. if you are submitting a spousal application they can even submit it for you along with letters of support etc. They can then follow up with ircc and get you answers as they have a separate section at IRCC for senators etc.
What part of Canada are you in? I'm in Ontario. How do I find out my local MP?