+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC New york post-PPR submission question

veha1024

Feb 18, 2022
My passport and PPR documents were delivered to VFS NY on 10th Feb. Yet to receive a tracking number. I was told to wait for 8 business days, so I am going to hold on for few more days.

I don't know if it's my browser issue but I couldn't start an online web chat with VFS NY. I will try again on Monday to see if they can give me a tracking number.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
I just received email with the tracking number and saying dispatched to IRCC. In my case, it is still showing no records found on the web tracker. I called the customer service and they checked my tracking number and told me that my information was just registered today and so it will be visible by tomorrow as currently website is under maintenance. At their end, they can see that information was registered so the tracking number is correct. The email now confirms it as well.
As long u got the email I’d say don’t worry. One day to IRCC and another day back to VAC. Agent say it might take up to 3 days for fedex to pickup the package from VAC plus Monday is a holiday so most likely we will still receive ours next week !

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
My passport and PPR documents were delivered to VFS NY on 10th Feb. Yet to receive a tracking number. I was told to wait for 8 business days, so I am going to hold on for few more days.

I don't know if it's my browser issue but I couldn't start an online web chat with VFS NY. I will try again on Monday to see if they can give me a tracking number.
I tried using Firefox. Disable pop up and able to get the web chat to show up.
Someone here has passport received by VAC NY on 10th too and just gotten the tracking number on Friday. Yours should be anytime next mon- wed hopefully.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

The web chat works under Chrome for me, and make sure you enable pop-ups first, this might be the trick.
My timing is as follows:
Delivered on 8th Feb
Tracking numbers for passports 3/4: 15th Feb
Tracking number for passport(copy) 4/4: 18th Feb

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I've got a message in my CIC account - "letter accompanying the visa", which is a proof that visas/CoPRs have been issued. It's not a COPR, but it has visa validity information etc.
The trick is that this letter is for 3/4 applicants, and not for the 4th applicant who's package has been delivered to IRCC later - did anyone else on this tread have the same experience?

Will the COPR confirmation letter for the "missing passport" follow separately?
Thank you!

ss_rec97

Feb 22, 2022

Have you received your tracking number? Mine was delivered on 11th and I have not got it yet.

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
As long u got the email I’d say don’t worry. One day to IRCC and another day back to VAC. Agent say it might take up to 3 days for fedex to pickup the package from VAC plus Monday is a holiday so most likely we will still receive ours next week !
Hey! Did you receive passport back? I just got the update that my decision envelope has been sent to VAC by IRCC. Also, my CIC account got updated with approved status. How soon VAC receives the package back and send it back to us? Also, did you got the FedEx return tracking number from VFS?

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Hey! Did you receive passport back? I just got the update that my decision envelope has been sent to VAC by IRCC. Also, my CIC account got updated with approved status. How soon VAC receives the package back and send it back to us? Also, did you got the FedEx return tracking number from VFS?
Decision envelope has been dispatched from IRCC office - FEB 18 12pm
Passport ready for collection at VAC New york FEB 18 5pm
Decision evelope for your application tracking no xxxxxx has been couriered from VAC NY - FEB 22
Email received FEB 10 AM - FedEx overnight scheduled to be sent 02/22/2022

I Should be expecting to receive package by tomorrow. You need to be present to receive it and provide signature

so if my calculation is correct, by end of today you might get a status that says "ready for collection"
the next day they will deliver it
the next next day is when you will receive your passport

Mdusi15

Feb 22, 2022

Hey! Did you receive your tracking number? I submitted on the 10th too. No word yet!

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
I've got a message in my CIC account - "letter accompanying the visa", which is a proof that visas/CoPRs have been issued. It's not a COPR, but it has visa validity information etc.
The trick is that this letter is for 3/4 applicants, and not for the 4th applicant who's package has been delivered to IRCC later - did anyone else on this tread have the same experience?

Will the COPR confirmation letter for the "missing passport" follow separately?
Thank you!
Did they locate the missing parcel at the end?
If the agent at call center/ webchat cant be any help you can maybe try to email them here- Escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com
I got a response within 4 hours, I requested them to change the email typo in my application.
hope this helps

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Did they locate the missing parcel at the end?
If the agent at call center/ webchat cant be any help you can maybe try to email them here- Escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com
I got a response within 4 hours, I requested them to change the email typo in my application.
hope this helps
Yes, looks like they did - my daughter's package was sent to IRCC on Feb 18th, although they've never responded to my initial escalation email. I'm still not sure what was the reason for the delay.
So now I have visas/COPRs approved and stamped for 3 out of 4 applicants in my family, and my youngest daughter documents currently with IRCC.

Did you get that "letter to accompany visa"/proof of COPR message in your portal? If yes, did it have information for all applicants, including the "missing" passport, or only those 2 that were received/processed by IRCC initially?

ss_rec97

Feb 22, 2022
The web chat works under Chrome for me, and make sure you enable pop-ups first, this might be the trick.
My timing is as follows:
Delivered on 8th Feb
Tracking numbers for passports 3/4: 15th Feb
Tracking number for passport(copy) 4/4: 18th Feb
Did you receive your passport? How long does it take to receive the passport in hand after we get the tracking number

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Did you receive your passport? How long does it take to receive the passport in hand after we get the tracking number
Not yet, but today 3 out of 4 passports were sent back from VAC to me. Optimistically, they should arrive tomorrow, but who knows...
So far, the timeline is the following:
  1. 4 passports sent to VAC - Feb 7th
  2. 4 passports received by VAC - Feb 8th
  3. Tracking generated for 3/4 passports: Feb 15th
  4. Tracking generated for passport 4: Feb 18th
  5. Visas/COPRs generated for passports 3/4 - Feb 22nd
  6. Passports 3/4 ready to be sent back: Feb 23rd
  7. Passport 4 - ???

So it takes 2-3 business days for IRCC to do their job, the longest delays are with the VAC.