+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC New york post-PPR submission question

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Did you got update around 6? I asked customer care for escalation and she said they cannot do it until 9-10 business days of passport received date.
Oh no, just yesterday it was 5-8 days. They keep pushing the deadlines...

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
Yeah, the email response even said 10-12 business days. The customer care agent said that IRCC knows that VFS takes time to send package. I believe it should be fine with 30 day deadline like one other guy also mentioned. Currently, I am more worried about my passport and application to be registered in the system first.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
And now both of my passport are on its way back to me , and still I have not receive any tracking number for the last passport. I am getting frustrated now.
Sent an escalation yesterday and automate mail said - Our representative will revert to you within 2 business days (excluding weekends and public holidays as listed on our website).

how are you guys able to use web chat? My chat always shows blank page whenever I launch it

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yeah, the email response even said 10-12 business days. The customer care agent said that IRCC knows that VFS takes time to send package. I believe it should be fine with 30 day deadline like one other guy also mentioned. Currently, I am more worried about my passport and application to be registered in the system first.
Same here, I am not as worried for the actual IRCC stuff. I still have roughly 15 days left of the IRCCs deadline. Well, 14 in fact.
It's painful that there's no way to trackVAC at all, and there's no way to track where the document package is now.
And now both of my passport are on its way back to me , and still I have not receive any tracking number for the last passport. I am getting frustrated now.
Sent an escalation yesterday and automate mail said - Our representative will revert to you within 2 business days (excluding weekends and public holidays as listed on our website).

how are you guys able to use web chat? My chat always shows blank page whenever I launch it
try a different browser and make sure you allow pop-ups.
As for the passports, I've got no response on my escalation request - it's been 3 days now.
Is your 3rd passport an original passport submission or a passport copy?
In our case the package that went missing is the one with a passport copy for a US citizen child. I might suppose they process them at a different pace...

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Same here, I am not as worried for the actual IRCC stuff. I still have roughly 15 days left of the IRCCs deadline. Well, 14 in fact.
It's painful that there's no way to trackVAC at all, and there's no way to track where the document package is now.

try a different browser and make sure you allow pop-ups.
As for the passports, I've got no response on my escalation request - it's been 3 days now.
Is your 3rd passport an original passport submission or a passport copy?
In our case the package that went missing is the one with a passport copy for a US citizen child. I might suppose they process them at a different pace...
It’s my actual passport that’s why I am frustrated. And I am suppose to leave united states by the end of February. Now I am stuck in the states without a passport to leave lol man I really hope there’s a tracking number by 5pm today

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It’s my actual passport that’s why I am frustrated. And I am suppose to leave united states by the end of February. Now I am stuck in the states without a passport to leave lol man I really hope there’s a tracking number by 5pm today
Fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
My timeline's not as tight, but... similar in a way.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
just got tracking for passport 4 - from a web chat agent. No email yet. Stay strong!

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Fingers crossed for you! Good luck!
My timeline's not as tight, but... similar in a way.
After hours of calling and waiting on the phone , finally got through to an agent. They ask for my name and date of birth, manage to get a tracking number , apparently they got my email wrong so the email notification did not come through. Passport is on its way back to New York but because of weekend and public holiday on Monday. Should be receiving it hopefully by Wednesday. Latest Friday.

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
After hours of calling and waiting on the phone , finally got through to an agent. They ask for my name and date of birth, manage to get a tracking number , apparently they got my email wrong so the email notification did not come through. Passport is on its way back to New York but because of weekend and public holiday on Monday. Should be receiving it hopefully by Wednesday. Latest Friday.
You mean you got the tracking number for remaining passport also?

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
just got tracking for passport 4 - from a web chat agent. No email yet. Stay strong!
I just got my tracking number from web chat agent but no email yet. Also, when I check the tracking number it says "No record found". Don't know what's happening! The webchat officer said the website is under maintenance and check back tomorrow. Did you got the email now?

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
You mean you got the tracking number for remaining passport also?
Yes they provided me with tracking number. I think it was processed yesterday but they got my email wrong so I did not get a notification email. All is good now. Just have to wait for it to come back.

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
Yes they provided me with tracking number. I think it was processed yesterday but they got my email wrong so I did not get a notification email. All is good now. Just have to wait for it to come back.
I also got my tracking number through webchat and did not receive any email yet. But the tracking number when checked shows record not found. Are you able to see updates through your tracking number?

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
I also got my tracking number through webchat and did not receive any email yet. But the tracking number when checked shows record not found. Are you able to see updates through your tracking number?
Well, for me, when they provided me with the tracking number it shows no record found and they told me it's because of maintenance, might show up in a day or two. but in their system, it shows that it is already on its way from IRCC back to VAC or some sort.

The funny thing is when I compare the tracking number provided(by agent) with the ones I previously receive(via email), they provided me with one less alphabet . the agent told me its xxxxxxxxUSYPKTxxxxx , but the previously received tracking number(email) is xxxxxxxxUS"N"YPKTxxxxx (N Was missing) , and if I use this tracking number (the one with the N) to track, something shows up, but it makes me even worried because it says "has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in SAO PAULO."

SAO PAULO? hmmmmm what happen to VAC New york lol..

EDIT
just called again to confirm and they told me sao paulo is a common mistaken but its actually going to new york ..
hmm lets just hope the passport doesnt travel all the way to brazil

Last edited:

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
Well, for me, when they provided me with the tracking number it shows no record found and they told me it's because of maintenance, might show up in a day or two. but in their system, it shows that it is already on its way from IRCC back to VAC or some sort.

The funny thing is when I compare the tracking number provided(by agent) with the ones I previously receive(via email), they provided me with one less alphabet . the agent told me its xxxxxxxxUSYPKTxxxxx , but the previously received tracking number(email) is xxxxxxxxUS"N"YPKTxxxxx (N Was missing) , and if I use this tracking number (the one with the N) to track, something shows up, but it makes me even worried because it says "has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in SAO PAULO."

SAO PAULO? hmmmmm what happen to VAC New york lol..

EDIT
just called again to confirm and they told me sao paulo is a common mistaken but its actually going to new york ..
hmm lets just hope the passport doesnt travel all the way to brazil
I just received email with the tracking number and saying dispatched to IRCC. In my case, it is still showing no records found on the web tracker. I called the customer service and they checked my tracking number and told me that my information was just registered today and so it will be visible by tomorrow as currently website is under maintenance. At their end, they can see that information was registered so the tracking number is correct. The email now confirms it as well.

vshiva212

Oct 24, 2018
Hello Guys! I have submitted my passport on 17 Feb. What do you think would be the best estimated duration for me to get it back? Thank you.