+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC New york post-PPR submission question

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello everyone. I have submitted my passport to the VAC in New York 2 weeks back but I haven't received any status update. They asked me for a receipt last monday which I submitted at once. My 30 days deadline to submit passport to IRCC ends today. Is that something to worry. Do they consider the timeline for when IRCC receives the passport or when we mail to VFS ?
Have you received any tracking number from them? Like an acknowledgment of the passports receipt or anything?
That's what I'm referring to, a quote from their email:
(When your package is received at the Visa Application Center (VAC), it will be verified by an agent and registered in the system. This process can take between 5 to 8 business days. Once this has happened, you will receive a notification with your VFS Global tracking number (TEMP2022...). )

Or do you have just a FedEx confirmation that you passport has been delivered by their courier?

mostlysane

Oct 2, 2018
Have you received any tracking number from them? Like an acknowledgment of the passports receipt or anything?
(When your package is received at the Visa Application Center (VAC), it will be verified by an agent and registered in the system. This process can take between 5 to 8 business days. Once this has happened, you will receive a notification with your VFS Global tracking number (TEMP2022...). )

Or do you have just a FedEx confirmation that you passport has been delivered by their courier?
Yes I do ahve the VFS global tracking number.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019

I sent my passport on 8th Feb and the tracking number said they received it on 9th Feb (Overnight )
I tried calling the customer service number today to ask about the progress and they told me it will take 6-8 days.
They will email you with the tracking number and if they dint, we have to send them an email to ask for an update
info.canny@vfshelpline.com

hopefully, there's not much delay in progress. seems like their average processing time varies with different people I talked to. people from NY VAC said it's 7 to 10 days generally when I asked while I did my biometrics there in december.

Reactions: vsfedotov

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi!

I had all my packages registered and sent to IRCC save for my youngest daughter who's a US citizen. The help center agent was unable to locate her package and even asked me stupid questions like "have you sent her documents...", etc?
Is there ANY WAY to contact the NYC VAC directly and understand what's going on with the docs...

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
I sent my passport on 8th Feb and the tracking number said they received it on 9th Feb (Overnight )
I tried calling the customer service number today to ask about the progress and they told me it will take 6-8 days.
They will email you with the tracking number and if they dint, we have to send them an email to ask for an update
info.canny@vfshelpline.com

hopefully, there's not much delay in progress. seems like their average processing time varies with different people I talked to. people from NY VAC said it's 7 to 10 days generally when I asked while I did my biometrics there in december.
Hey! Did you receive the VFS tracking number for passport receipt by VFS? My passport was delivered on 10th Feb as per FedEx and still no update from them.

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Hey! Did you receive the VFS tracking number for passport receipt by VFS? My passport was delivered on 10th Feb as per FedEx and still no update from them.
No I have not receive any email from them yet too
Hopefully will get by this week

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Mine was delivered on the 8th and I have received tracking information yesterday for 3 out of 4 applicants. My US citizen dependent child hasn't been processed yet - I spent a day on phone/web chat/sending emails to them, but they can't give any updates - "her package hasn't been registered in the system"
So, back to good news for you, tomorrow or Friday you should get your tracking - hopefully none of your packages gets lost like it seemingly happened to one of mine (all were delivered on time by FedEx though)

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
Mine was delivered on the 8th and I have received tracking information yesterday for 3 out of 4 applicants. My US citizen dependent child hasn't been processed yet - I spent a day on phone/web chat/sending emails to them, but they can't give any updates - "her package hasn't been registered in the system"
So, back to good news for you, tomorrow or Friday you should get your tracking - hopefully none of your packages gets lost like it seemingly happened to one of mine (all were delivered on time by FedEx though)
So, did you got email or you found tracking numbers only through webchat? You also mentioned previously that the tracking number was not working as it showed records not found.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So, did you got email or you found tracking numbers only through webchat? You also mentioned previously that the tracking number was not working as it showed records not found.
They sent the numbers via email as well.
With an immediate update that the passports have been dispatched to IRCC. I guess the "no record found" is some internal issue on their end, but the email update came through.

Now I am wondering what it all means if one of the applicant's package doesn't reach IRCC, what to do, how to react, etc.
Should I email Ottawa that VAC lost the package, etc.

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
They sent the numbers via email as well.
With an immediate update that the passports have been dispatched to IRCC. I guess the "no record found" is some internal issue on their end, but the email update came through.

Now I am wondering what it all means if one of the applicant's package doesn't reach IRCC, what to do, how to react, etc.
Should I email Ottawa that VAC lost the package, etc.
You can wait for some time before you contact Ottawa. Maybe the other package also gets updated soon. I have seen on forums some people getting updates at different times for packages of family members even though they all were received same day.
BTW, is your tracking number still showing no records found in their system or now is it working?

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You can wait for some time before you contact Ottawa. Maybe the other package also gets updated soon. I have seen on forums some people getting updates at different times for packages of family members even though they all were received same day.
BTW, is your tracking number still showing no records found in their system or now is it working?
Just checked - the tracking numbers are working both for myself and the 2 dependents who got them!

xiaojunz

Apr 3, 2019
Ok. Yeah hope so. Please keep me posted if you get some update. I'll do the same. Thanks!
So… I sent 3 passport, and up till now I only received two email notification with tracking number. Hopefully I get the other one tomorrow.
The tracking number just says the document has been sent to IRCC to process and that’s all. Not sure how many days more till they send the passport back

Finger cross they dint lose one of the passport , the one that I dint get the tracking number yet.

hbk

Jan 28, 2022
So… I sent 3 passport, and up till now I only received two email notification with tracking number. Hopefully I get the other one tomorrow.
The tracking number just says the document has been sent to IRCC to process and that’s all. Not sure how many days more till they send the passport back

Finger cross they dint lose one of the passport , the one that I dint get the tracking number yet.
Oh okay! When did you received the tracking number emails for the other two passports? Your passports were delivered on 9th feb right?