+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC New york post-PPR submission question

lalloum

Oct 24, 2019
Hey all,

We got the passport request letter from IRCC and they asked us to send our passports (me and my wife) to VAC in NYC.

VFS NYC asked us to send everything in two envelopes with their own shipping labels (which they provided).

We sent everything and both packages reached VFS at the same day and time. I received a tracking info from VFS about my passport immediately but we still haven't received any information about my wife's passport.

Anyone experienced the same thing? How long does the VFS/VAC NYC take to process passports? I'm so confused on how they didn't process my wife's packet especially since it reached them at the same time!

lalloum

Oct 24, 2019
It took around two to three weeks for everything to be wrapped up. My spouse’s passport went in later for stamping and it was sent back a day or two later than mine. I guess that’s the reason they ask for two separate return shipping labels.

seattle425

Jan 6, 2020
hey @lalloum and @j9lad i am in the same boat, its been 15 days for me too, how long did it take you to finally get back the passport
Did you just email the NY visa office to get the shipping labels? I'm a bit confused with the process and how to pay the fees. I emailed them yesterday, but their response time can be up to 72 hours according to their automatic email reply.

lalloum

Oct 24, 2019
Yeah, that’s about all you have to do. You’d need to get in touch with the VFS folks who coordinate with the Canadian office in NY. I believe once you email — they’ll reach out to have to fill out your information, then have you pay the fees. You’ll get your labels once payment is complete.

Did you just email the NY visa office to get the shipping labels? I'm a bit confused with the process and how to pay the fees. I emailed them yesterday, but their response time can be up to 72 hours according to their automatic email reply.

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
hey @lalloum and @j9lad i am in the same boat, its been 15 days for me too, how long did it take you to finally get back the passport

Hey, it took a little more than a week for the passports to get back to my place.

I suspect if the Thanksgiving break resulted in delays. I'd follow-up with the VFS helpline to track the package. If you have the FedEx tracking number, that might help, too.

aninanda

Jul 12, 2021
yeah @j9lad and @lalloum agreed, the thanksgiving probably caused more delays.

The vfs office has confirmed that they received my package on Nov 23! since then they havent yet sent it to the IRCC office in NY.

I am just worried that since the visa is a TRV then due to the Omicron variant, that might be frozen

j9lad

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi, please share what process to send passport to VAC New York?
Cannot find information webpage not working

You'd have to contact VAC in NYC.

Firstly, contact their email to get FedEx labels. You'll have to send your passports in different envelopes, if applicable.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My passports are with them for a week already, but there has been no status update or tracking number for the document submission from the VAC.
They keep pushing the deadline for the "registration of the passport submission" from 3 to 7 business days to 5 to 8, to 5 to 10.
I am worried about our family's passports as they seem to have disappeared within VAC and no one there is able to give me ANY updates on where they are - I tried calls, chat, emails, etc.

mostlysane

Oct 2, 2018
Hello everyone. I have submitted my passport to the VAC in New York 2 weeks back but I haven't received any status update. They asked me for a receipt last monday which I submitted at once. My 30 days deadline to submit passport to IRCC ends today. Is that something to worry. Do they consider the timeline for when IRCC receives the passport or when we mail to VFS ?