+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC New york post-PPR submission question

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Sent via fed Ex march 15,
docs received march 16,
IRCC received docs march 25. How about you?
That is quick compared to what we have seen on this thread! Hope they are starting to pick up pace. Our docs got delivered on March 25, so hopefully hear something in the next couple of weeks. Is your application TRV, EE or Spousal?

Newfoundland991

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Did anyone else submit their passport around 1st March to NY VAC and receive a tracking number yet?
Got a question for you. In your passport request letter - have they asked to send to NY VAC or Ottawa? In my case they asked to send to Ottawa, even though I did my biometrics in NY, and live here

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
That is quick compared to what we have seen on this thread! Hope they are starting to pick up pace. Our docs got delivered on March 25, so hopefully hear something in the next couple of weeks. Is your application TRV, EE or Spousal?
express entry

Can22

Feb 15, 2022
Hello Guys,
I have a question on passport submission. I received a passport request for PR from New York visa office but I reside in India. I am a bit confused with the process. I assumed that the passport request is generally sent from the local country's visa office, is that not true? Is anybody in the same boat? If yes, how did you submit your passports to New York vac from India? Thanks.
Hi
Did you sent the passports to NY VAC from India
How is that process, Could you explain if you don't mind

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
We got an automated email from NYC VFS stating that "they have received our courier package but have not verified it yet". Does everyone get this email on package delivery? Also, does this mean they have started processing or just that it has been put in a queue. Also, how long did it take for y'all to get tracking id after this email?

popsicle9900

Mar 24, 2022
Our passport was dispatched to IRCC today. Looks like things are picking up pace again:
Passport Sent: 03/24
Passport Reached NYC VFS VAC: 03/25
Passport Received Email from VFS: 03/27
Passport Dispatched to IRCC: 03/29

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Here is my timeline so far if it helps others:

* Fedex package delivered to VFS NY with Original passport: Feb 10th 2022.

* Haven't heard anything from them for weeks (tried chat and email but received standard response that they were slammed).

* Finally got an email from VFS on Mar 4th stating that my passport photos were incorrect size. (None of the photo studios near by were doing 5x7 and I presumed the standard US size will do, my bad! ).

* Sent a new Fedex with package with 5x7 size photos (Finally found one which was an hour away from my place!) that was delivered on Mar 8th.

* Same day (today) got an email stating that it has been dispatched to IRCC for processing.

I guess now it's my time to wait for IRCC to finish processing and VFS to ship the passport back to my home. Hopefully should be done in the next week or so. Fingers crossed.
Any updates?

PauR20

Jun 17, 2020
Nice. What’s your timeline again? Check your profile in the portal. Do you see your pr approval already?

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Sharing my timeline here:

PPR - March 17 2022.
Sent passport to NY CVAC - March 17 2022. (Sent US size photos. Read in another thread that it won't be accepted so proactively sent another package.)
Delivered to CVAC - March 18 2022.
Sent correct photos package - March 21 2022. (For anyone having trouble with 5x7 pics, most walgreens should be able to do it.)
Delivered Photos package - March 23 2022.
Temp TrackingId received - March 26 2022 (Said my application was waiting for correct photos)
Dispatched to IRCC - March 30 2022. (Received actual tracking id. Must have linked my two packages. Yay!)
Package received by IRCC - March 31 2022.

Last edited: