+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VAC LA - 2 way courier vs USPS/UPS/FedEx (My own label)

hm108

Nov 26, 2018
I just got the email to submit the passport (for visitor visa) couple of days back. I am planning to send the passport to LA VAC. Can someone let me know that if using the 2 way courier from VAC is mandatory to use or can I send that from USPS/UPS/Fedex (my own label) and with a prepaid return label too?

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Hey ! Were you able to find a concrete answer to this ? I could not even activate my account with the VFS. Their chat agent then said it's because of technical issues and that I could use UPS/USPS/DHL but no FedEx label. If you have any updates then do let me know.

anshika22

Jul 26, 2022
Hey ! Were you able to find a concrete answer to this ? I could not even activate my account with the VFS. Their chat agent then said it's because of technical issues and that I could use UPS/USPS/DHL but no FedEx label. If you have any updates then do let me know.
Hey
I am also not able to activate my link. Can you please share more details about alternative way? How can I contact or chat with support team regarding it?

anshika22

Jul 26, 2022
Hey ! I sent my passport today using UPS.
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/dom/en/can/contact-us
Try the link preferably during VFS business hours and they should be able to guide you. Are you sending for a TRV or a PR ?
I got this response -

1 - In person:

At the Los Angeles CVAC: between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday
At the New York CVAC: between 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
2 - Through the courier company of your choice, such as USPS, DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.

If you choose to send your passport this way, you have two options to receive your passport back, once the process finishes:

Pay for the One-Way Courier Service: $37.20 USD by a money order, or bank draft, in favour of VFS Services USA Inc.(This money order must be inside of the packet along with your passport and documents).
TT Services/VFS Global has an agreement with FedEx, offering a preferential rate to our customers for the return of their passports, only within the USA
This service is optional, if you do not wish to take advantage of it or if you are not inside the USA, then please include:

Attach a prepaid shipping label from USPS, DHL or UPS.(FedEx labels will not be accepted).
From outside USA, please attach an international prepaid shipping label, from DHL or UPS.(FedEx label will not be accepted).
3- Purchasing the TT Services/VFS Global two-way courier service (only within USA):

First you will need to create an account on the website:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLoginq=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/

When accessing the portal, please complete the registration and proceed selecting your preferred center to mail your application. You can choose between Los Angeles and New York CVAC.

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
I got this response -

1 - In person:

At the Los Angeles CVAC: between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday to Friday
At the New York CVAC: between 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
2 - Through the courier company of your choice, such as USPS, DHL, UPS, FedEx, etc.

If you choose to send your passport this way, you have two options to receive your passport back, once the process finishes:

Pay for the One-Way Courier Service: $37.20 USD by a money order, or bank draft, in favour of VFS Services USA Inc.(This money order must be inside of the packet along with your passport and documents).
TT Services/VFS Global has an agreement with FedEx, offering a preferential rate to our customers for the return of their passports, only within the USA
This service is optional, if you do not wish to take advantage of it or if you are not inside the USA, then please include:

Attach a prepaid shipping label from USPS, DHL or UPS.(FedEx labels will not be accepted).
From outside USA, please attach an international prepaid shipping label, from DHL or UPS.(FedEx label will not be accepted).
3- Purchasing the TT Services/VFS Global two-way courier service (only within USA):

First you will need to create an account on the website:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/PostalAppointment/Account/RegisteredLoginq=shSA0YnE4pLF9Xzwon/x/CQ1P0LBKn66dLdNUfueK+wj/xwjQV05sWPtysuvzK33qrK3eXshT1TAgsu3oVBZovxbG4hegjVxPtRK4ehNyPck+V525rUvI5fmDu7unjO/

When accessing the portal, please complete the registration and proceed selecting your preferred center to mail your application. You can choose between Los Angeles and New York CVAC.
I had this similar rather confusing conversation with these folks. Eventually I decided to go with UPS. Sent my passport, passport request letter, 2 copies of the TT consent forms, contact information sheet, a cheque of $22.80 as the VFS processing fee and a return envelope with a return label affixed to it.

Sharma_Gudiya

Jun 23, 2022
Hi Aasifa,

Did you get any updates on visa stamping? Do you have any Idea how long they take to stamp and return the passport?

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Hi Aasifa,

Did you get any updates on visa stamping? Do you have any Idea how long they take to stamp and return the passport?
Hey! Passports were delivered this afternoon and I received an email updating us that they have been dispatched to IRCC for processing. Will keep you posted on the timeline.