+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vac application progression

hagoog

Nov 8, 2019
Hi
I applied yesterday by paper through vac, and I have received an e-mail with the receipt of what I paid from IRCC,
Now I want to know if I will be informed when they take the application or when they start reviewing it, so will this happen or I will just receive their response only after they finish
I want to know when they start reviewing because I want to submit a webform

Last edited:

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi
I applied yesterday by paper through vac, and I have received an e-mail with the receipt of what I paid from IRCC,
Now I want to know if I will be informed when they take the application or when they start reviewing it, so will this happen or I will just receive their response only after they finish
I want to know when they start reviewing because I want to submit a webform
which country?

omarisme

Nov 10, 2019
I am from Egypt too, and the answer is No.

You will not recieve any emails telling you whether your application reached cairo canada office. However, you can know more information about the status of your application by linking your application online. You, also, can contact with VFS tommorow through live chat or helpline to know if your application has reached canada cairo office or not, but you will not recieve any emails telling you that.

Good luck.

hagoog

Nov 8, 2019

You will not recieve any emails telling you whether your application reached cairo canada office. However, you can know more information about the status of your application by linking your application online. You, also, can contact with VFS tommorow through live chat or helpline to know if your application has reached canada cairo office or not, but you will not recieve any emails telling you that.

Good luck.
Thanks,
I made a a small mistake in a form and instead of choosing the city of the university to be Toronto i chose Trenton, yet everything else i typed was correct so i want to report this mistake by submitting a webform.
i contacted the vac today and they told me that they don't know anything about the webform thing and they just aren't giving good information.
so i want to submit the webform but i want to do it when i know that my application is being reviewed or processed.
Thanks again for your reply.

Reactions: omarisme

omarisme

Nov 10, 2019
Thanks,
I made a a small mistake in a form and instead of choosing the city of the university to be Toronto i chose Trenton, yet everything else i typed was correct so i want to report this mistake by submitting a webform.
i contacted the vac today and they told me that they don't know anything about the webform thing and they just aren't giving good information.
so i want to submit the webform but i want to do it when i know that my application is being reviewed or processed.
Thanks again for your reply.
You can fill webform and tell CIC about this; there is no problem to tell them before or after starting processing.

Reactions: hagoog

hagoog

Nov 8, 2019
You can fill webform and tell CIC about this; there is no problem to tell them before or after starting processing.
Thanks
I have linked my application online, and it is easier now, even though the mistake is minor but still better safe than sorry, ill submit a webform telling them about it.
cheers.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019

Good luck.
That's not true, as of november 2nd, VFS updated their system and you can confirm it on their website as well. I have applied on november 14th and I was told of this new change. I started recieving sms and emails updates since the application left the vfs office to when it was in transit to when it finally in the IRCC office. I have received 4 updates so far and hopefully it gets accepted.
Best of luck to everyone and I hope we can update each other with our acceptance!

Reactions: omarisme and hagoog

omarisme

Nov 10, 2019
That's not true, as of november 2nd, VFS updated their system and you can confirm it on their website as well. I have applied on november 14th and I was told of this new change. I started recieving sms and emails updates since the application left the vfs office to when it was in transit to when it finally in the IRCC office. I have received 4 updates so far and hopefully it gets accepted.
Best of luck to everyone and I hope we can update each other with our acceptance!
I applied before 2nd of November, so I think the features of new system will not be applied on me. I was just sharing my experience.
Can you tell me what updates have you recieved?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I applied before 2nd of November, so I think the features of new system will not be applied on me. I was just sharing my experience.
Can you tell me what updates have you recieved?
Yes if you've applied before 2nd of november you can track your application online using VFS's website with the tracking code that they have given you. since its been a week since I submitted my application, like I said the updates I had were, your application is leaving our office and then its in transit and then it reached the embassy and then its under processing.

Reactions: omarisme

omarisme

Nov 10, 2019
Yes if you've applied before 2nd of november you can track your application online using VFS's website with the tracking code that they have given you. since its been a week since I submitted my application, like I said the updates I had were, your application is leaving our office and then its in transit and then it reached the embassy and then its under processing.
Good luck Inshaallah