+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using US State PCC's Instead of FBI...Anybody Done This?

joeysupertramp

May 24, 2017
Hey guys!

So, this whole wait for the FBI PCC is truly killing me, I have 27 days left for my application and they are still AT LEAST a month away from even opening my package, despite the fact that this was received by them even before I got my ITA.

I have sent off and (mostly) received back PCC's for both Florida and Virginia, the two states that I have spent over 3 months in. They have both come back with no record (phew!) I was wondering if anybody has done this as a failsafe, uploaded those in the Police Certificate sections and given a massive explanation in their LOE about what they have been through with obtaining the FBI PCC with supporting docs (fingerprint page, receipt from FedEx, proof that it was received)? And if you have, did they continue with your application? Or did they grant you an extension for the FBI PCC?

Ideally, I'd love it if they would just accept my two state PCC's and tell me not to bother with the FBI one but I can't see that happening...unless someone here can give me some hope?!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Your application will be rejected as incomplete, trust me. I had a national background check conducted from the Department of Homeland Security, and CIC still rejected it. Upload what you have, as well as the LoE & documentation showing you have applied for the FBI PCC. CIC will grant you an extension to submit it. They are well aware of the FBI backlog.

joeysupertramp

May 24, 2017
Your application will be rejected as incomplete, trust me. I had a national background check conducted from the Department of Homeland Security, and CIC still rejected it. Upload what you have, as well as the LoE & documentation showing you have applied for the FBI PCC. CIC will grant you an extension to submit it. They are well aware of the FBI backlog.
Well that was a bloody waste of $50 getting those State PCC's lol! I guess if anything it'll show how much I want this PR! Thanks anyway!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Well that was a bloody waste of $50 getting those State PCC's lol! I guess if anything it'll show how much I want this PR! Thanks anyway!
CIC is very clear in what they want. It makes sense though if you think about it. You lived in Florida and Virginia, but what if you robbed a bank while road tripping in Tennessee? A FBI PCC wills how this, while a FL or VA PCC will not.