+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using step-up converters for piano and other electrical equipment

aana

Nov 15, 2010
Has someone used step up converters for electrical equipment - TV, piano, blender etc - taken from UAE or India? Please advice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aana said:
Has someone used step up converters for electrical equipment - TV, piano, blender etc - taken from UAE or India? Please advice.
I brought it from China and it works perfectly for my slow cooker.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aana said:
1. If the item has a motor then the phasing is different. As india is 50Hz and Canada 60Hz A motor may run 20%f faster.

aana

Nov 15, 2010
It is for my electric piano which experts will say is nothing but an electronic keyboard. I am wanting to take it in my cargo as these items seem to be very expensive there.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
aana said:
It is for my electric piano which experts will say is nothing but an electronic keyboard. I am wanting to take it in my cargo as these items seem to be very expensive there.
Check the rating information on the existing power supply for the piano. It might already be multi-voltage. If it isn't, you need to be careful what you buy as a voltage converter, as many require a minimum load to work properly. You might need to buy an inverter, rather than a step-up converter. Ask a professional in your country.

aana

Nov 15, 2010
I am writing this for the benefit of anyone else who has a question on using a Yamaha electric piano in Canada. Look at the belly of the piano. You will find a sticker that displays the different voltages the equipment is compatible with. Near the power source you will also find a switch that can be turned to the voltage required. There will be no need to use any converters. Happy playing :D