Upfront
Med's Done....
July 8, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Started processing June 29, DM on July 2, Visa arrived July 9!
LANDED..........
Aug 8 - Sault Ste Marie - PR CARD finally received in Feb, 2016!
Hi: Prepping for a landing prior to August 13. Wondering if anyone here has used ABF shipping (also known as U-Pack) to ship their goods from USA to Canada? We've got it scheduled and sounds like (through their website and talking in person to them) they do this all the time. The questions I have:

1. With a blended household: I will be a new PR and my common-law spouse is a RETURNING Canadian citizen who has been gone 5 years and is returning. All of our household items are completely blended together (minus my jewelry and clothing and my vehicle I guess). So should we just list everything under the Canadian Citizen and I simply list a few items separately?

2. If we do do the approach listed above, would this have any red flags? From what I can read, since she has been out of Canada 5 years and is now returning, she also won't have any customs collections.

Any other issues? I assume BOTH of us should have separate B4 forms, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

LN13

Star Member
Dec 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-6-2015
AOR Received.
16/7/2015
File Transfer...
8/13/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Nothing useful to say, just following as we are likely to have similar issues when our application is done.

mtn_air

May 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 16, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec 23, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 8, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Started processing June 29, DM on July 2, Visa arrived July 9!
LANDED..........
Aug 8 - Sault Ste Marie - PR CARD finally received in Feb, 2016!
Just an update in case it helps anybody else out: We landed by personal car (didn't import it at this time but listed it as Goods to Follow) on Saturday night, about 9 pm at Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. Interesting because the border agents said they RARELY get Settlers here and hadn't done some of the paperwork in 5 years! Anyway, we explained we had a blended household and that all of our Goods to Follow items were in the U-Pack semi trailer, arriving separately in a week or so. They didn't seem to have an issue with it, stamped the forms and then individually stamped our Goods Accompanying Us forms.

I'll update once the semi trailer gets here, as I believe we have to go clear our items at a local Customs office prior to them delivering the trailer.

Cheers!