+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using police clearance report used for work permit to apply for PR

Khaled1982

Apr 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I completed a police clearance from the last country I was in prior to come to Canada (USA) as part of my work permit process needs, got my work permit and moved to Canada.

The question is, can I use the same police clearance from used for work permit application for my PR application as well since it was made to move to Canada?

I received the police report on October 2018 to start the process for my work permit and moved to Canada on Dec 2018, if the answer is YES that would be great , if the answer is NO, how to obtain a new police report from USA while not in there ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Hello
Can you please answer did you submit only the US (FBI) Police clearance Or Did you also submit your home country also for the work permit.
Did they ask any thing specific ?

MelayOcampo17

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Hello everyone,

I completed a police clearance from the last country I was in prior to come to Canada (USA) as part of my work permit process needs, got my work permit and moved to Canada.

The question is, can I use the same police clearance from used for work permit application for my PR application as well since it was made to move to Canada?

I received the police report on October 2018 to start the process for my work permit and moved to Canada on Dec 2018, if the answer is YES that would be great , if the answer is NO, how to obtain a new police report from USA while not in there ?

Thanks in advance for your help
For the police clearance from where you living in here in Canada just call the RCMP in your province.