+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

using educational credentials and ECA report

faye_nay

Jun 6, 2014
Hi seniors! I'm hoping to apply under fsw (code 2241: electrical and electronics eng'g technologist). I am from the Philippines and I have bachelors degree in electronics engineering but my ECA report says that the Canadian equivalency of my educational credentials is only completion of 3-year diploma, specialization is electronics eng'g technology. Can I pursue my application even if I did not get a canadian equivalency of bachelors degree? I'm really hoping that my case in not the same as below sample case in Guide 7000.

"If Fatima studied outside of Canada and obtained a foreign educational credential at the
Bachelor’s level, but her ECA report indicates that the foreign credential is only equivalent to
two years of post-secondary study in Canada…

Then she would not meet the minimum education requirement and her application would be refused
because her foreign educational credential was found not to be equivalent to a completed Canadian
educational credential."

my ielts, work experience (related to code 2241) and others are okay already. WILL TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR VIEWS. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should be OK and worth 21 points.

"Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, or equal - 21 points"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hello there... Need your advise please.

I just received my ECA report and it says that my credential is equivalent to a 2 year diploma. The credential that I submitted is a 4 year bachelors degree though. Does this mean I am not qualified to apply? What are the chances they will still accept my application? All the other documents required have been produced... Appreciate your inputs please. Thanks.

If Fatima studied outside of Canada and obtained a foreign educational credential at the Bachelor’s level, but her ECA report indicates that the foreign credential is only equivalent to two years of post-secondary study in Canada…
Then she would not meet the minimum education requirement and her application would be refused because her foreign educational credential was found not to be equivalent to a completed Canadian educational credential.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
MariaF said:
I just received my ECA report and it says that my credential is equivalent to a 2 year diploma. The credential that I submitted is a 4 year bachelors degree though. Does this mean I am not qualified to apply? What are the chances they will still accept my application? All the other documents required have been produced... Appreciate your inputs please. Thanks.
was found not to be equivalent to a completed Canadian educational credential.
If it's FSWP you're applying, the ECA in itself doesn't need to certify any specific level of education.

However, you may be willing to re-check your points calculation based on your ECA. If it's less than 67, than you're certainly not qualified.

MariaF

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hi Arika, many thanks for your inputs.

Yes I am applying under FSWP.

It is still not clear to me though. How does this specific example from the immi website apply to my situation?

If Fatima studied outside of Canada and obtained a foreign educational credential at the Bachelor's level, but her ECA report indicates that the foreign credential is only equivalent to two years of post-secondary study in Canada...
Then she would not meet the minimum education requirement and her application would be refused because her foreign educational credential was found not to be equivalent to a completed Canadian educational credential.

If I can get 19 points for my credentials assessment, I'll make it to the 67 points pass mark. The question is, will they grant me 19 points despite the citation above?

Thanks!

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
MariaF said:
Hello there... Need your advise please.

If Fatima studied outside of Canada and obtained a foreign educational credential at the Bachelor's level, but her ECA report indicates that the foreign credential is only equivalent to two years of post-secondary study in Canada...
If your assessment says 2 years diploma, then you will get 19 points for education. In the example, the assessment is two years of post-secondary [size=10pt]study[/size] and not a [size=10pt]diploma[/size]. That makes a difference. Since yours is a diploma, you are fine.

rossai

Jun 17, 2016
need your help as it relates to my application on express entry. my results from WES is as below.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor’s degree (four years)
CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: University of Abuja
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Accounting
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor’s degree (four years)

2. Credential Authentication: Transcripts were verified by the institution
Credential: Certificate of Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Year: 2011
Awarded by: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of professional study in accounting
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian
education credential.

when completing my EE i selected Bachelor degree as my level of education for my degree and two year program for my ICAN certificate. Today i have gotten and ITA but am scared of accepting because some people said i should not have chosen the 2 credential. Please advise as i am confused and do not want to lose this opportunity or be banned for completing the wrong information.

sgn6412430

May 10, 2017
need your help as it relates to my application on express entry. my results from WES is as below.

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

education credential.

when completing my EE i selected Bachelor degree as my level of education for my degree and two year program for my ICAN certificate. Today i have gotten and ITA but am scared of accepting because some people said i should not have chosen the 2 credential. Please advise as i am confused and do not want to lose this opportunity or be banned for completing the wrong information.
hI , I am the same situation with you, you still summit your application ?

wertpaw020

Feb 16, 2016
hi i did Four years Bachelor degree in Philippine but on my WES evaluation report just give me Two year diploma canadian equivalent..i am quite confuse.should be 3 year canadian equivalent.pls help pls repy

anshulz

Nov 4, 2016

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

education credential.

Hi Rossai,

Did you accept the ITA and did CIC accept your 2 credentials? Please do revert back asap.

Thanks.

anshulz

Nov 4, 2016
hI , I am the same situation with you, you still summit your application ?
Hi sgn6412430,

What did you do? Did you accept the ITA? Did CIC accept both your credentials? Even the one which is not equivalent to Canadian education?

Please confirm.

sarvind20

Dec 29, 2017
I submitted a one year Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance and Actuarial Science from a college under Amity University for ECA credential evaluation. I have received the following response -

Major/Specialization: Insurance Management
Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

Amity University is a recognized university in India, then why is this diploma NOT recognized ?

What can I do to get this re evaluated or discuss this with WES ? Do they even consider any requests for clarification OR do I need to submit another application to get the documents assessed the second time ?

Please help.

Thanks !