+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using an Agent vs doing it yourself

Abarthgt

Sep 14, 2018
Hi all,

I’d like to start the PR visa FSWC application soon but I was wondering if it’s worth using an agent , I got a quote from CanadaVisa.com , for Pre-ITA and Post ITA, adding to 3000 USD just for them to do all the work and gather documents and guide me in the right direction.

Would using an agent give me a higher chance to score higher points or speed up the process ?

They also give me the choice to only instruct them Pre or Post ITA. Is either one of them harder than the other and worth using them ?

In the assessment I got a score of 495 if that helps .

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

I’d like to start the PR visa FSWC application soon but I was wondering if it’s worth using an agent , I got a quote from CanadaVisa.com , for Pre-ITA and Post ITA, adding to 3000 USD just for them to do all the work and gather documents and guide me in the right direction.

Would using an agent give me a higher chance to score higher points or speed up the process ?

They also give me the choice to only instruct them Pre or Post ITA. Is either one of them harder than the other and worth using them ?

if you don't have the time to do your own research and are ok with being dependent, then proceed with an agent.

Higher points - NO
Faster processing times - NO

Reactions: Abarthgt

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hi all,

And if it helps, know that most of the members (if not all) have filed themselves without using agents. Also the access to your application will remain with the agent and you will be dependent on the agent for every aspect.

There has been a recent case here, where the agent's mistake resulted in the application being rejected, which the agent hid form the applicant and was misguiding the application to redo the IELTS etc. The applicant approached this forum and on being advised to call IRCC and use the IVR to find the status learnt the application was rejected. On being approached by the applicant, the agent refused to give access to the application back to the applicant inspite of there being no payment issues. This happens often, but there are good agents out there too.

You may want to read this post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ielts-expired-after-e-apr.579917/

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi all,

Dont waste your hard earned 3K on agent/lawyers/consultant.... DIY...

Abarthgt

Sep 14, 2018
Thank you all for your quick response.

I’ve decided not to use an agent , I’ll be doing a lot of research with the help of this forum .

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019

I’ve decided not to use an agent , I’ll be doing a lot of research with the help of this forum .
Spend time doing your research, you can never go wrong when you take out time to read and ask questions when you're confused.

Ajay_Aspire

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018

. Good decision,mate. Most agents squeeze out whatever you have in your bank account. When you do it yourself, you will be knowing exactly how you’ve submitted the profile and you always know what to and what not to expect.

I had a chat with a friend in DHL and came to know how these agents cheat us even with the smallest of things while submitting a profile. Consultants charge around 3k-4K INR for each applicant to send the transcripts to WES. They say that they’ll send the docs through DHL express and hence the rate. We will also believe them and won’t mind spending this 4K. But in reality what happens is they send your envelope with that of other applicants. DHL charges a flat rate. For example, they charge around 1500 Rs for sending docs to Canada from Chennai for a weight of 0-500 gms. So the agents put the envelopes of 4,5 applicants together and send it to WES. The weight won’t exceed 500 gms. In other words, they would’ve got 12k-15k from 4 applicants but would’ve spent only 1.5k to send them. This is just an example. There are plenty of things you’ve to do until you get your PR and these agents will make use of all these things to improve their bank balance.

At one point of time, I even thought of dropping this Canada PR idea and wanted to become an agent. I would’ve made money for generations. :)

Reactions: zagcollins

ankitptrivedi

Jun 7, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
27-06-2018
If you decide to hire a consultant, make sure they are registered here.