+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Use to different passaports. One to leave and another to enter.

Discussion in 'General - All Canadian Immigration' started by Mole1234, Jan 11, 2018.

  1. Hi guys, I really need help.

    I came to Canada as a visitor and used my passport from EU (visa exempt)... I have overstayed utill now (about 2yrs). I want to go back to my country and return to Canada to study English (less than six months). I would use my EU passport since I don't need a student visa for the English course and after that I would apply to a College and for a student visa inside Canada.

    If I leave Canada with my birth country passport (not the one I used on arrival) on a direct flight and attempt to return with my EU passport, will I have problems? Will they know I overstayed anyway?

    Thank you!!
  2. Help me, please!!
  3. So, you’re going to enter again on the same passport you entered on previously? And you don’t think CBSA would notice there are no entry stamps for other countries from the time you entered Canada until you enter Canada again? You really should stop trying to play the system.....they are smarter than you think and have means to confirm these thing. And if they ask where you e been for the last 2 years, what would you tell them?
    carolbb23, Mole1234 and noscaf2014 like this.
  4. #4 Bs65, Jan 12, 2018 at 2:12 AM
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    So just to clarify whether the OP intends to commit a major misrepresentation in filling out the study permit application when answering the question on where they have resided in previous 5 years by omitting the fact they stayed illegally in Canada.

    Granted people do play the system with dual citizenship passports which might work for overstays even though illegal and they may get through CBSA checks at the border . However the moment anyone starts interacting with IRCC with formal legal declarations knowingly making a false declaration and get found out, which at some point the OP will given any checks that go on behind the scenes, the penalties are severe including a ban from the country.

    Ultimately it is the OPs choice I guess but there will always be a penalty to pay for staying in the country illegally as there should be else why have an immigration policy at all, just let everyone come in , stay as long as they like, work if they want.

    Also the OP should not think that having dual citizenship is not recorded somewhere given visa exempts need an ETA to fly to Canada and there is a specific dual citizenship question in the application. So unless the OP plans not to declare that fact the system will be aware the OP possibly has more than one passport.

    Here is the question asked in a study permit application which based on the OPs post clearly the answer is YES and Canada (illegally) :

    Check the box to tell us if you have lived in any country other than your country of citizenship or the country you have lived in for more than six (6) months in the past five (5) years.

    If you checked “Yes”, choose the correct information:

    • The name of the country you lived in,
    • Your immigration status for the time you were in that country:
      • Citizen
      • Permanent resident
      • Visitor
      • Worker
      • Student
      • Other
      • Protected Person
      • Refugee Claimant
    • Other: You must fill out this section if you chose “Other” as a status.
    • The dates (From – To) you were living in that country.
    Bryanna and Mole1234 like this.
  5. Thank you for your replies.

    Do you think I will get banned if I attempt to return to Canada even if I have acceptance letters from both English course and college and show them I want to make things right?
  6. Getting out of the country is not an issue. (Unlike the EU where any attempt to leave except through some "loose" countries will result in discovery, removal, and a ban on re-entry.)
    Unlike the European Union, Canada does not carry out exit checks when you leave the country. A major exception is leaving Canada via the United States. They have a system of sharing information whereby your entry record into the U.S. is forwarded to Canadian authorities to create a record of exit from Canada. Getting out of the country is not an issue.

    If you fly directly to the EU you will not face this problem.

    You could use either passport to leave Canada.

    Entry/Exit stamps are not your problem as EU immigration doesn't stamp the passports of EU nationals, but if you are asked when was your last time in Canada or where you've been living etc your violation could be discovered.

    Applying for a study permit will either require you to lie (which if discovered is a 5 year ban for misrepresentation) or tell the truth and probably be deported from Canda for overstaying.

    You have zero chance of getting a study permit for the next 5 years.

    The only possible solution I see for you is to not visit Canada for at least the next 5 years. Thus enough will have passes for you to probably enter Canada issue free and you could apply for a study permit without committing misrepresentation. (Since it only asks about the past 5 years.)
    Mole1234 likes this.
  7. Thank you for your help.

Share This Page