+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA visitor visa

Bahadur Singh 111

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
Posting for a friend
Hi Everyone my name is Kailash. I applied for usa visitor visa with my refugee travel document and received it . Now recently due to emergency situation I had to renew my indian passport to visit a different country. Now as my rtd is only left with one month of validity I cannot use that one anymore. Now my question is if I want to visit usa with my indian passport and carry the refugee travel document with me also which hold the usa visa. Can I do that or do I need to apply again with my indian passport ? Your help will be much appreciated

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
You cannot use your Indian passport for any purpose while you are refugee. If you have PR you can use it.

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
He needs to use visa from his Indian passport for US anyway even if he has RTD

SRB30

Mar 13, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22/12/2022
Med's Request
03/01/2023
Med's Done....
07/01/2023
Interview........
17/02/2023
Passport Req..
17/02/2023
LANDED..........
29/09/2022
He needs to apply again if I remember from my experience. Try to reach the US embassy in Canada and ask that’s the easiest option to be sure.

Aboje

May 6, 2023
Ontario
Posting for a friend
Hi Everyone my name is Kailash. I applied for usa visitor visa with my refugee travel document and received it . Now recently due to emergency situation I had to renew my indian passport to visit a different country. Now as my rtd is only left with one month of validity I cannot use that one anymore. Now my question is if I want to visit usa with my indian passport and carry the refugee travel document with me also which hold the usa visa. Can I do that or do I need to apply again with my indian passport ? Your help will be much appreciated
No you can use same visa
Just let him carry travel document when travel with Indian passport
He doesn’t need re apply another visa

But in other hand use Indian passport may affect his status as protected person

Blind Dolphin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
No you can use same visa
Just let him carry travel document when travel with Indian passport
He doesn’t need re apply another visa

But in other hand use Indian passport may affect his status as protected person
He must not have renewed his Indian passport because this may lead to re availing. Advised not to use that passport at all.

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hi there,
I don't know what is the best way to answer you query.
On my knowledge:
1) it's going to be difficult to have another visa from usa even thought u apply using ur India passport. Bcz of the waiting time.
2) you can apply for a second RTD, if you have a PR Card along with you can have 5 years and tell ircc u wish to keep ur old rtd as you have some valide visa in it.
3) once you have apply for RTD, technically! U can't go back and use ur indian password. Dont put ur immigration process in danger. And wait for canadian passport.
4) any thing you wanna do, write an official letter to let ircc know

Aboje

May 6, 2023
Ontario
Hi there,
I don't know what is the best way to answer you query.
On my knowledge:
1) it's going to be difficult to have another visa from usa even thought u apply using ur India passport. Bcz of the waiting time.
2) you can apply for a second RTD, if you have a PR Card along with you can have 5 years and tell ircc u wish to keep ur old rtd as you have some valide visa in it.
3) once you have apply for RTD, technically! U can't go back and use ur indian password. Dont put ur immigration process in danger. And wait for canadian passport.
4) any thing you wanna do, write an official letter to let ircc know
Yes best way apply for second travel document urgent

Reactions: Bahadur Singh 111

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I explained him the situation already but man doesn’t want to listen
If he cross back from States and present expired RTD, They will see record of which passport was used to enter States. If he doesn't leave Canada, when he applies for Citizenship, they will ask him to fill travel history that include passport details..

Bahadur Singh 111

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
If he cross back from States and present expired RTD, They will see record of which passport was used to enter States. If he doesn't leave Canada, when he applies for Citizenship, they will ask him to fill travel history that include passport details..
Well the problem here is the rtd is only valid for 1 month and few days and he has indian passport on his hand already so he wants to know if he can travel the states by showing his rtd that holds usa visa alongside his Indian passport ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well the problem here is the rtd is only valid for 1 month and few days and he has indian passport on his hand already so he wants to know if he can travel the states by showing his rtd that holds usa visa alongside his Indian passport ?
The answer is yes. But he can do if he choose to, there’s a consequences