+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA Visa: Using my refugee travel document

sky9600

Star Member
Apr 18, 2023
Hello there,

I was issued the US visa on my home country's passport which I lost before my refugee application and the remaining immediate old passport was seized by IRCC during eligibility interview.

Now, I want to get the US visa again on my RTD. Do I need to face an interview again?

Alopez144

Feb 9, 2024
Hello
i had usa visa in the past on my native passport and then i filed for refugee here in canada then approved as protected person.Then i applied for RTD and applied for usa visa.they asked me some questions regarding old visa and travel history and then they gave me 10 year visa on my rtd though Rtd is valid for 2 years.
DId you have to go to the interview (in person) or you were able to waive the interview? I also had a previous valid visa when my passport was seized and I have now the RTD and want to apply but the waiting list for interview in Toronto is 800 calendar days... I don't even know if it's worth it if I can't waive the interview

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
DId you have to go to the interview (in person) or you were able to waive the interview? I also had a previous valid visa when my passport was seized and I have now the RTD and want to apply but the waiting list for an interview in Toronto is 800 calendar days... I don't even know if it's worth it if I can't waive the interview
what i did ...i tried to reschedule my appointment multiple times...i check their appointment page every day more than 8-9 times and by doing that i was successful in getting the earliest possible appointments..i was not restricted to Toronto so wherever i found some space i booked my appointment there luckily one day I found a slot in Calgary and after 6 days i was there for interview.

mandeep2hsc

Feb 25, 2024
For US Visa application on RTD - what we can select for Passport/Travel Document type is - Regular or other ?

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
For US Visa application on RTD - what we can select for Passport/Travel Document type is - Regular or other ?
#1) For US Visa application on RTD - what we can select for Passport/Travel Document type is - Regular or other ? = Other

#2) if I select other - There is window - Explain - What should I write in Explain ? ( can I ask to share what did you put in Explain ? ) = I am a protected person in Canada. I have a refugee travel document.

#3) with Canadian RTD - my National Identification? = Does not apply

#4) Where was Passport/Travel Document issued? city ? = Gatineau ( Check RTD)