+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Usa visa got revoked but still got entry .

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Your question don’t make any sense. I hope you not thinking only poor people applying asylum so many big business man applying asylum because of life threatening situation in home country .
Also we shouldn’t talk about person’s reasons for refugee claim. They also don’t ask you when you go to the interview. I also told them I am convention refugee. I provide all documents. I also have been USA, Australia and Canada many times before my claim. The situation can change any time. We can not know.
If he received email about revoked he can ask. If not no need to say anything. Just wait for next trip. Good luck.

Reactions: YVR123

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
I heard it takes years to get appointment did you get your appointment date quickly or you have to wait ages ?
I had my visa for 10 years but they revoked. When I applied they said that you can send your documents. I sent. Because I was eligible for the interview waiver program. And they sent my passport back and opened the interview schedule for me. I got my date for a week later. It was too fast:)

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Your question don’t make any sense. I hope you not thinking only poor people applying asylum so many big business man applying asylum because of life threatening situation in home country .
I don't mean only someone poor can apply for asylum. I mean if his passport can and still can allow him to travel why does he need to apply for asylum. Anyway, I don't think you really have a question for us here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I respect what you saying he could have contact in case officer denied his entry but officer not sure himself he just asked if your visa got revoked he said no never then he let him go a saying that welcome to usa enjoy your trip so no point to contact usa embassy because they asked question only if he really had issue with his visa don’t think officer give him entry surely he is ok because he had good travel history plus he is also have permanent residence so seems like even in future he won’t face any problem because officer let him go after couple of question seems like everything ok with his visa .
A normal interaction does not involve talking about your visa being revoked. As others have pointed out just applying for asylum in Canada often leads to US visas being cancelled. Is he also using his old passport? He should really be verifying whether he has a valid US visa. Would also suggest getting a new visa because you can’t use your old passport and would not want to be travelling with my home country passport. The person situations has changed dramatically so it would be perfectly understandable for US to cancel their visa. PR does not guarantee a US visa. Having a job, savings, a good reason for travel, your status in Canada, etc. are some of the things considered when applying for a US visa.

Vips1410

Mar 8, 2021
I had my visa for 10 years but they revoked. When I applied they said that you can send your documents. I sent. Because I was eligible for the interview waiver program. And they sent my passport back and opened the interview schedule for me. I got my date for a week later. It was too fast:)
Wow good to hear I did not go through any big hassle you got it everything smooth .
A normal interaction does not involve talking about your visa being revoked. As others have pointed out just applying for asylum in Canada often leads to US visas being cancelled. Is he also using his old passport? He should really be verifying whether he has a valid US visa. Would also suggest getting a new visa because you can’t use your old passport and would not want to be travelling with my home country passport. The person situations has changed dramatically so it would be perfectly understandable for US to cancel their visa. PR does not guarantee a US visa. Having a job, savings, a good reason for travel, your status in Canada, etc. are some of the things considered when applying for a US visa.
thanks for your reply but my friend is fine he doesn’t need to get new usa visa his visa perfectly fine because end of the officer never sent him back to Canada he actually let him go usa with bright smile and wish him enjoy your stay in usa why would he need another visa he got his pr he traveling in his hone country passport because he is not refugee he has withdrawn his case way before then his hearing his wife sponsored him so it’s all good end his current usa visa valid till 2026 end but he will be Canadian citizen in 2024 so before his current usa visa expire he will be citizen because he is not refugee he can go where ever he like .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Wow good to hear I did not go through any big hassle you got it everything smooth .

thanks for your reply but my friend is fine he doesn’t need to get new usa visa his visa perfectly fine because end of the officer never sent him back to Canada he actually let him go usa with bright smile and wish him enjoy your stay in usa why would he need another visa he got his pr he traveling in his hone country passport because he is not refugee he has withdrawn his case way before then his hearing his wife sponsored him so it’s all good end his current usa visa valid till 2026 end but he will be Canadian citizen in 2024 so before his current usa visa expire he will be citizen because he is not refugee he can go where ever he like .
There could be other administrative procedure need to be followed, but at that moment officer did not have sufficient information to deny entry. The fact that officer asked your friend that question, then there is information that US CBP have and your friend shouldn't be too comfortable to assume business as usual.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

What you described is not a normal interaction if there is nothing wrong with your visa. He visa could have been cancelled as soon as he applied for asylum which is what typically happens so even if he withdrew his asylum claim his US visa could still be cancelled.

Vips1410

Mar 8, 2021
There could be other administrative procedure need to be followed, but at that moment officer did not have sufficient information to deny entry. The fact that officer asked your friend that question, then there is information that US CBP have and your friend shouldn't be too comfortable to assume business as usual.
Right but I think he will be fine in future. Because once officer let him go asking just couple of questions . Then I can’t see problem in his visa. He also told him he went Turkey 3 months ago. He used usa visa because according to Turkey immigration if you holding usa valid tourist h1 hb tourist visa . you are eligible for electronic E visa you don’t need to apply special turkey visa apparently with us tourist you can travel 64 countries without visa
What you described is not a normal interaction if there is nothing wrong with your visa. He visa could have been cancelled as soon as he applied for asylum which is what typically happens so even if he withdrew his asylum claim his US visa could still be cancelled.
if his visa cancelled how come USA immigration officer let both of us go and told us enjoy yore stay in usa? nothing wrong in his visa perfectly fine we can’t wait to again watch our favourite grand slam us open tennis tournament end of this months in New York he doesn’t need any new us visa .

Vips1410

Mar 8, 2021
Right but I think he will be fine in future. Because once officer let him go asking just couple of questions . Then I can’t see problem in his visa. He also told him he went Turkey 3 months ago. He used usa visa because according to Turkey immigration if you holding usa valid tourist h1 hb tourist visa . you are eligible for electronic E visa you don’t need to apply special turkey visa apparently with us tourist you can travel 64 countries without visa

if his visa cancelled how come USA immigration officer let both of us go and told us enjoy yore stay in usa? nothing wrong in his visa perfectly fine we can’t wait to again watch our favourite grand slam us open tennis tournament end of this months in New York he doesn’t need any new us visa .

Btw he tested his visa twice once in Turkey, and now in US both time he gets easy entry both countries accepted so he should be fine again end of this month .