+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Usa refusal ,want to apply for Canada trv

GurmeetSingh09

Jul 31, 2018
I want to apply for Canada TRV.

My profile is
1. Travel history- Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand (feb-2018)
2.Total 8 yrs experience in elevator industry, currently working as a Senior Engineer Installation in Japanese based MNC company Fujitec India Pvt Ltd.
3. I am having last 3 yrs itr and form 16.
4. Current income 7.26 lack ctc , monthly credit in my salary account after tax and epf deduction- 51492 rupees .(plus my wife is getting 10000 in account ,her ctc is 13600 rupees).
5. Property- 2 acers land on my name and I purchased a flat in Gurgaon of 17 lack in huda sector 4 Sohna .
6. Marriages certificate is available.
7.Want to apply with my wife and 1.5 yrs daughter.(if not an issue or as per ur suggestions)
8.One refusal from usa on 26.07.2018

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I want to apply for Canada TRV.

My profile is
1. Travel history- Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand (feb-2018)
2.Total 8 yrs experience in elevator industry, currently working as a Senior Engineer Installation in Japanese based MNC company Fujitec India Pvt Ltd.
3. I am having last 3 yrs itr and form 16.
4. Current income 7.26 lack ctc , monthly credit in my salary account after tax and epf deduction- 51492 rupees .(plus my wife is getting 10000 in account ,her ctc is 13600 rupees).
5. Property- 2 acers land on my name and I purchased a flat in Gurgaon of 17 lack in huda sector 4 Sohna .
6. Marriages certificate is available.
7.Want to apply with my wife and 1.5 yrs daughter.(if not an issue or as per ur suggestions)
8.One refusal from usa on 26.07.2018
1. What is the purpose of your visit? For how long do you intend to visit?

2. Do you have a Canadian host? If yes, are you related to the host?

3. Is it agricultural land or for commercial reasons?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1.tourisn, 1 week
2.no
3.agriculture
Short advice:
Don't apply for a Canada TRV until your personal and professional circumstances change considerably. IMO, there is high possibility of a refusal whether you apply alone or even if you apply with your wife and daughter.

Here's why:
1. The US and Canada share immigration information. Applying for a TRV shortly after your US refusal seems like you're trying your luck.

2. You don't have travel history to visa-required countries such as the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ. etc.

3. Your financial situation + your income is not good. It would make the visa officer to question why you want to spend significant amount of your earnings to visit Canada.

4. Similarly, the value of your apartment is low.

5. You haven't mentioned if the agricultural land was previously owned by your family members and then transferred to your name.... or if you purchased the land with your own finances and whether you earn agricultural income from it.

6. You don't have a compelling reason to visit. Again, a visit of one week is likely to raise the same question as Point 3

GurmeetSingh09

Jul 31, 2018
Is it better for me, if i Itravel schengen (2-3 countries) along with uk now, (for making a good travel history) and after 6 to 7 month apply for Canada or us trv (because I am interested to visit these countries).

GurmeetSingh09

Jul 31, 2018
Agricultural land is transferred to my name from my family member.
Short advice:
Don't apply for a Canada TRV until your personal and professional circumstances change considerably. IMO, there is high possibility of a refusal whether you apply alone or even if you apply with your wife and daughter.

Here's why:
1. The US and Canada share immigration information. Applying for a TRV shortly after your US refusal seems like you're trying your luck.

2. You don't have travel history to visa-required countries such as the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ. etc.

3. Your financial situation + your income is not good. It would make the visa officer to question why you want to spend significant amount of your earnings to visit Canada.

5. You haven't mentioned if the agricultural land was previously owned by your family members and then transferred to your name.... or if you purchased the land with your own finances and whether you earn agricultural income from it.

6. You don't have a compelling reason to visit. Again, a visit of one week is likely to raise the same question as Point 3

GurmeetSingh09

Jul 31, 2018
Short advice:

Here's why:

Is it better for me, if i Itravel schengen (2-3 countries) along with uk now, (for making a good travel history) and after 6 to 7 month apply for Canada or us trv (because I am interested to visit these countries).

GurmeetSingh09

Jul 31, 2018
Or iI
Short advice:

Here's why:

or I should re apply to usa b1/b2.

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Yes bro.
you should Travel Schengen Countries first.
IMO' dont apply immediately to Canada
because Malaysia Singapore Thailand countries did not consider in travel history it could help you to get Europe visa even if your documentation is strong.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
IMO, travel history to a couple of Schengen countries will not help. Travel History is only one component for the visa assessment. You would still need to demonstrate that you have strong reasons to return to India.

As your income is not high, visa officer(s) will again question why you want to spend your savings to visit these Schengen countries and Canada + how you are able to pay for these successive visits all within a span of one year (including the Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand visit).

IMO, you must apply only when you have established more stronger ties, you have a better financial situation, and when you have a compelling reason to visit

Reactions: GurmeetSingh09

GurmeetSingh09

Jul 31, 2018
As per you, I should wait untill my salary cross at least one lack per month INR than it will be a strong financial ties.
Please suggest, if i make to tour like (1 week for schengen countries and 1 week for canada for myself only ,not for other family members. Therefore ,one stamp of schengen visa will help for getting Canada trv or not?

Than, it will be a strong reason to return india that my wife , daughter and parents in india.

IMO, travel history to a couple of Schengen countries will not help. Travel History is only one component for the visa assessment. You would still need to demonstrate that you have strong reasons to return to India.

As your income is not high, visa officer(s) will again question why you want to spend your savings to visit these Schengen countries and Canada + how you are able to pay for these successive visits all within a span of one year (including the Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand visit).

IMO, you must apply only when you have established more stronger ties, you have a better financial situation, and when you have a compelling reason to visit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Bringing your family to Canada for a week without any family to stay with could easily eliminate half of your savings. That doesn't make sense especially given you are not doing it for an important family occasion. It is also not a good idea for your family to spend so much Monet for a week away. You will likely need to triple your savings to go to Canada as a tourist. It is also very far to go for one week. If you are looking for a vacation you have many closer countries to choose from. If you apply for a US visa and then a Canadian visa there is another reason for your travels. Perhaps your wife is pregnant?

GurmeetSingh09

Jul 31, 2018
No
Bringing your family to Canada for a week without any family to stay with could easily eliminate half of your savings. That doesn't make sense especially given you are not doing it for an important family occasion. It is also not a good idea for your family to spend so much Monet for a week away. You will likely need to triple your savings to go to Canada as a tourist. It is also very far to go for one week. If you are looking for a vacation you have many closer countries to choose from. If you apply for a US visa and then a Canadian visa there is another reason for your travels. Perhaps your wife is pregnant?
No she is not pregnet .
I just want to ask if I apply single first after that for my wife and daughter . Will that help for getting visa.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I just want to ask if I apply single first after that for my wife and daughter . Will that help for getting visa.
I'm not able to understand why you want to visit Canada/North America at this point in time especially as a tourist.

Like I mentioned earlier, your chances of a TRV approval are pretty low whether you apply alone or with your wife and daughter under the current circumstances.

If you want to reapply then I recommend you do so only after you establish stronger ties + a better financial situation. For example, if you can prove that your are earning agricultural income from the land (Form J) + you save up some more.

You can also try applying for Schengen and UK visas in the meantime. That said, it could seem unusual as to why you are suddenly visiting a number of countries in a short span of time.

You could post the list of documents here before you reapply. It would be easier to advise

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you aware that you can't switch a TRV to a work visa. I know some other posters have been under the impression that it is possible.