+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA Illegal immigrants migrating to Canada

morenasip

Apr 8, 2012
How can an illegal immigrant apply for a police clearance from USA to immigrate to Canada uder the parents and grandparents class of sponsorship.

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's how you obtain a police certificate from the United States: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

CIC is not currently accepting applications to sponsor parents or grandparents as permanent residents. This will be the case for at least another year and a half.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
You need to get FBI clearance just like American citizens. Just leave the social security number section blank.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
morenasip said:
How to get FBI clearance?
Go to the FBI website. You have to print forms and get fingerprints taken.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
8 weeks or so and yes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
morenasip said:
How long will it take to FBI clearance and can you apply inthe USA despite your illegal status?
Note that you can only select the US visa office to process your application if you were legally admitted into the US for a minimum of one full year. If you were not admitted into the US for a minimum of one full year, then you will have to use your home country's visa office as your processing office - and if an interview is required it will be held there.

monraf

Jul 20, 2012
Someone was caught at US border and arrested there for crossing the US border illegally. He had his fingerprints taken there, and was bailed out. Now he needs to obtain FBI clearance during the process of applying for canadian papers. Would this arrest show on the fbi clearance and can he be deported? Thank you!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
monraf said:
Someone was caught at US border and arrested there for crossing the US border illegally. He had his fingerprints taken there, and was bailed out. Now he needs to obtain FBI clearance during the process of applying for canadian papers. Would this arrest show on the fbi clearance and can he be deported? Thank you!
It will probably show up on the FBI clearance but I don't think getting the FBI clearance will lead to him to get deported. It might cause a delay in getting the Canadian visa just because of more lengthy security checks because of an arrest.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know, if the arrest is for immigration violation on the FBI clearance then Canada Immigration may overlook it.

If you lived in US legally for one year and can show proof of that, then you wil be fine.

There are some places in the US, where they take fingerprint and check your ID. Then it is your responsibility to send that fingerprint card with a money order and a return envelope to FBI Headquarter. Please check their website. Canadian Immigration also gives the address on their guide. On the fingerprint card, you mention that you are doing the check for Canadian immigration.

Of course, if US Immigration is looking for you actively then I don't know what would happen.

Hope this helps.

kiwi

Jun 27, 2013
Hi folks,

I need your help!
My spouse is currently living in USA illegally (he entered the country legally and had valid status for 4 years..then overstayed).
We are starting the sponsorship process and now he needs to obtain FBI police certificate while he is in the US.

We are a bit worried that fbi will find out that he is out of status and go after him.
Does anyone know how risky is it to obtain the police certificate while the person is still in the country?
Would they be able to identify that he overstayed or they are only checking if the person has criminal record?

I also would like to mention that 2 years ago he was stopped by police while driving and didnt have his id with him.
They took him to the police station and took fingerprints to identify who he is, then they let him go.
Not sure if this will show on the police clearance...

Please share your experience :)

Thank you!

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
My husband was in the states illegally when we did the fingerprints. It wasn't risky at all - it's totally fine. In fact he had done it two years before that too and we ended up not going to Canada. So he was there for a long time after the first fingerprints were submitted. Don't worry about it.

timatynic

Sep 29, 2016
I-783 specifically asks if one is either a Citizen or US permanent resident. Can someone confirm if it's ok to go ahead with the FBI clearance for someone who's not in the country legally.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Yes it is ok. My hubby did it and it was fine.