+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA/FBI POLICE CERTIFICATE-----NEED URGENT HELP

NashMash

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got a message in my CIC account asking for USA/FBI Police Certificate. I reside in Bangladesh, the last time I went to USA was in 2010. I stayed there for 5 months and never visited the country again. Now, after 8.5 months of AOR they are asking for USA/FBI Police Certificate that too, I'll have to send the hard copy to SVO within 30 days!!!!!!! I don't know what to do. I'm heartbroken. Please show me a way, I feel drained out and lost. I am attaching parts of the message below:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please follow the steps below
so that we can continue processing your application.
SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
Send all the documents from the list below to this office in one envelope:

 Original Good Conduct Certificate (or Certificate of No Criminal Record) from the
police authorities of all countries where you, your spouse/common-law partner, and each
of your dependent children who is 18 years of age and older, have resided for a period
of six months or more since turning 18. USA/FBI POLICE CERTIFICATE FOR YOU.

There may be more than one type of police certificate available in each country. To find
out which certificate(s) you need and how to apply for them, visit the CIC Web site:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

If you do not provide the correct type of police certificate, the processing of your
application will be delayed. Police certificates are valid for one year from the date of
issue. If you have already submitted a police certificate which is still valid, you do not
need to submit a new one.

If you are unable to comply with one or more of our requests, please provide a detailed
explanation. All documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a
certified translation. It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your address,
contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status. We
will advise you of any other requirements, but we are NOT able to respond to requests for
information on the routine progress of your application.

You must comply with the above requirements within thirty days (30) from the date of this letter.
Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the refusal of your application

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Go through the process of requesting the FBI cert immediately. Contact CIC and let them know that you have requested the FBI cert but it's going to take more than a month to process and request an extension to the submission deadline.

NashMash

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've searched the FBI website but I couldn't find any agent or authority who'd take my fingerprint in the form FD 258 here in Bangladesh. I don't even see any instructions stating that I can do it myself or not. I don't know whom to knock

About the time extension, should I send a CSE to CIC or my LVO?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Just to reassure you, while irritating you are not alone.

Requesting police certs after 5 months in USA and indeed other countries (I saw South Korea as one) seems to be a favourite trick of CIC. Especially late on.
If there is one piece of advice I would give people applying it would be to get police certs for anywhere they have resided. Especially in countries like the US where it takes 4 months to get the check done.

You won't get an answer within 30 days. However, based on what I've seen once you notify them that it hasn't arrived they'll extend it again (and again) until it does. Make sure you provide any proof that you submitted it including the date.

As of earlier this week, the FBI is currently processing applications from early to mid January ... as a rough guideline.

For getting fingerprints; try a local crime or forensics lab?

BalaJi-2015

May 23, 2015
NashMash said:
I just got a message in my CIC account asking for USA/FBI Police Certificate. I reside in Bangladesh, the last time I went to USA was in 2010. I stayed there for 5 months and never visited the country again. Now, after 8.5 months of AOR they are asking for USA/FBI Police Certificate that too, I'll have to send the hard copy to SVO within 30 days!!!!!!! I don't know what to do. I'm heartbroken. Please show me a way, I feel drained out and lost. I am attaching parts of the message below:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please follow the steps below

 Original Good Conduct Certificate (or Certificate of No Criminal Record) from the
police authorities of all countries where you, your spouse/common-law partner, and each
of your dependent children who is 18 years of age and older, have resided for a period

There may be more than one type of police certificate available in each country. To find
out which certificate(s) you need and how to apply for them, visit the CIC Web site:

If you do not provide the correct type of police certificate, the processing of your
application will be delayed. Police certificates are valid for one year from the date of
issue. If you have already submitted a police certificate which is still valid, you do not

If you are unable to comply with one or more of our requests, please provide a detailed
explanation. All documents that are not in either English or French must be accompanied by a
certified translation. It is your responsibility to notify this office of any change in your address,
contact numbers, marital status, family configuration, or employment or educational status. We
will advise you of any other requirements, but we are NOT able to respond to requests for

You must comply with the above requirements within thirty days (30) from the date of this letter.
Failure to comply with these instructions may result in the refusal of your application
Don't feel stressed bro. Most of us who has come across FBI PCC has gone through various stages of pain. So just apply for your fingerprints with hope. "DO NOT" take fingerprints on your own, because most of it will result in rejections after 4 months. If there is no technician in Bangladesh fly to India or any nearby countries where you could find one to get your fingerprints done. You can google it & can call them to verify what kind of services they provide. I'd recommend a digital or electronic fingerprinting which is done with advanced fingerprint scanners rather than old, ink & roll method. Just start this process ASAP & provide enough proofs like your fingerprint card scan,your pay receipt with the technician if you get one, scanned copy of courier receipt & a snapshot of when it's been delivered to US FBI address with your tracking number. Use a fastest courier service available with tracking. You can also provide CIC a proof of 13-15 weeks processing time by providing them the link to the FBI website or a snapshot of the page showing the same along with a letter of explanation. Definitely CIC will provide you enough extension as they are well aware of such scenarios. All the best buddy.

NashMash

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalaJi-2015 said:
Don't feel stressed bro. Most of us who has come across FBI PCC has gone through various stages of pain. So just apply for your fingerprints with hope. "DO NOT" take fingerprints on your own, because most of it will result in rejections after 4 months. If there is no technician in Bangladesh fly to India or any nearby countries where you could find one to get your fingerprints done. You can google it & can call them to verify what kind of services they provide. I'd recommend a digital or electronic fingerprinting which is done with advanced fingerprint scanners rather than old, ink & roll method. Just start this process ASAP & provide enough proofs like your fingerprint card scan,your pay receipt with the technician if you get one, scanned copy of courier receipt & a snapshot of when it's been delivered to US FBI address with your tracking number. Use a fastest courier service available with tracking. You can also provide CIC a proof of 13-15 weeks processing time by providing them the link to the FBI website or a snapshot of the page showing the same along with a letter of explanation. Definitely CIC will provide you enough extension as they are well aware of such scenarios. All the best buddy.
Thanks a lot bro. I'll keep everything in my note. I've heard that the special branch of police department does finger printing. I'll contact them on and keep things moving ASAP.

maddy.10m

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
AOR Received.
16-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-11-2015
Passport Req..
5-5-2016
NashMash said:
Thanks a lot bro. I'll keep everything in my note. I've heard that the special branch of police department does finger printing. I'll contact them on and keep things moving ASAP.
Just to add, you can submit as many fingerprint cards as you want. Submit at least 3 to FBI. I would advise 5 and above, if you do not use a professional to take fingerprints. FBI charge will be the same regardless of whether you submit 1 or 100. You will be charged per report not number of fingerprints you submit.

NashMash

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maddy.10m said:
Just to add, you can submit as many fingerprint cards as you want. Submit at least 3 to FBI. I would advise 5 and above, if you do not use a professional to take fingerprints. FBI charge will be the same regardless of whether you submit 1 or 100. You will be charged per report not number of fingerprints you submit.
There's a form for fingerprint FD-258, should the technician take the fingerprints on that form or they give the prints on a separate paper?

mamaJM

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2016
Doc's Request.
FBI: 06-05-2016
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Passport Req..
07-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2016
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
NashMash said:
There's a form for fingerprint FD-258, should the technician take the fingerprints on that form or they give the prints on a separate paper?
Yes, fingerprint should be on the card, but not sure they will have the card outside the US. So you can print the fingerprint form on a plain paper (also accepted) from the FBI website. I suggest you get at least 2 prints from a professional to avoid any rejections..
Good luck!

NashMash

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mamaJM said:
Yes, fingerprint should be on the card, but not sure they will have the card outside the US. So you can print the fingerprint form on a plain paper (also accepted) from the FBI website. I suggest you get at least 2 prints from a professional to avoid any rejections..
Good luck!
Thanks a lot....I'm kinda relieved now

shuvo89

Mar 30, 2017
Hello Brother

I am from Bangladesh and would like to know from where I could get the finger prints in Bangladesh taken for FBI Clearance. Any address and contact number would be extremely helpful.
Please let me know through PM if possible. Thanks alot

CAPTAINADEY

Feb 9, 2017
NashMash said:

@NashMash, How did you eventually resolve this. My wife is in the same boat as you were. Our deadline for submission is in 21days and the FBI PCC is not out yet. We are thinking we should go ahead and hope that by the time they request for the FBI PCC (If they do), then we should have it then.

Singh2016

Mar 1, 2016
@NashMash, How did you eventually resolve this. My wife is in the same boat as you were. Our deadline for submission is in 21days and the FBI PCC is not out yet. We are thinking we should go ahead and hope that by the time they request for the FBI PCC (If they do), then we should have it then.
Hi CaptainAdey,

Just curious what happened to your case, as same thing would apply to my scenario too. I will not be able to get the FBI PCC before the deadline.

CAPTAINADEY

Feb 9, 2017
Hi CaptainAdey,

Just curious what happened to your case, as same thing would apply to my scenario too. I will not be able to get the FBI PCC before the deadline.
I am still awaiting the FBI PCC but I have submitted my application to IRCC with a LOE. Medicals has not been passed and its 40days now, I hope to get the FBI PCC in the coming weeks, I will forward to IRCC once received.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017

Hello, regardless you need to submit the FBI Police certificate and which is not going to be available in 30 days. Make the application asap. Before mailing it scan everything and save it also once you mail it scan the receipt of the poster service. You can upload those scanned documents which will show that you are under the process and CIC will automatically provide you buffer time. It's on their website.

Don't loose heart brother.. there is solution for everything :)