+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA Consulate Wait Times

Kimistry

Jan 27, 2015
Hi,

I don't really know if I am posting on the proper area (I do apologize if its the wrong place) but I am currently trying to get a US visa since I am still a permanent resident. I know the wait times for getting a US visa are generally around 3 weeks to get one but when I checked the US consulate in Toronto, the wait times just to get an appointment is 421 days. I was wondering if this is accurate? It's quite crazy to wait for more than a year to get a visa nowadays. If it is accurate, then it is better for me to just wait for my Canadian citizenship then. o_O

Reactions: paneka penalty

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

I don't really know if I am posting on the proper area (I do apologize if its the wrong place) but I am currently trying to get a US visa since I am still a permanent resident. I know the wait times for getting a US visa are generally around 3 weeks to get one but when I checked the US consulate in Toronto, the wait times just to get an appointment is 421 days. I was wondering if this is accurate? It's quite crazy to wait for more than a year to get a visa nowadays. If it is accurate, then it is better for me to just wait for my Canadian citizenship then. o_O
You need to actually get into the site by paying the fee to know the wait times, what it shows on the actual website is mostly incorrect now a days. As far as i know the latest dates for Toronto are anywhere in Feb or March 2023. And if you are a resident of Canada you might be eligible for a interview waiver that is Dropbox.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
You need to actually get into the site by paying the fee to know the wait times, what it shows on the actual website is mostly incorrect now a days. As far as i know the latest dates for Toronto are anywhere in Feb or March 2023. And if you are a resident of Canada you might be eligible for a interview waiver that is Dropbox.
Keep in mind dropbox is only if you are renewing a visa for the same category - if it’s a fresh visa for a new category then you might need appointments- also dropbox can take 6 to 8 weeks or more.

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Keep in mind dropbox is only if you are renewing a visa for the same category - if it’s a fresh visa for a new category then you might need appointments- also dropbox can take 6 to 8 weeks or more.
That is not true. I know some people who got Dropbox option for a new visa. For example they had L1 before and now doing H1 and got Dropbox after answering all question.

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hello,

My Mother has tourist visa interview in US Consulate in Vancouver. She doesn't speak English. Can I accompany her or not? Do I have to take interpreter ?