+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US vistor visa

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Hi everyone

I'm a protected person ,I have a travel document ,so I need to know what documents do I need to provide when I go to my US visa interview?,I'm also a student.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can take all the certified documents that you were provided by Immigration or Refugee board through the whole process of applying for asylum in Canada. Also, your job confirmation in Canada, bank statements, Student enrolment, airplane tickets, assets in Canada, your plan in the US, friends' number in the US etc,

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
my application was refused, they kept on asking for my study permit , and I didn't have it with me.

syrian-g

Star Member
May 3, 2012
It is okay, you can apply after six months !
My first visa application was denied, then i had two approved
after it.

amahmustang

Nov 26, 2015
I wonder if I have the right to travel and to re-enter Canada using the refugee travel document? My PR application is still in process. Have anyone of you guys traveled using this blue travel doc and was able to re-enter without having the PR card? or any of your friends/family?

Thanks

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amahmustang said:
I wonder if I have the right to travel and to re-enter Canada using the refugee travel document? My PR application is still in process. Have anyone of you guys traveled using this blue travel doc and was able to re-enter without having the PR card? or any of your friends/family?

Thanks
Yes you can travel with the travel document only.
I personally told by the CBSA officer at the boarders that the PR card is not needed to enter as long as you have the PRTD with you.

YoyoTofi

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syrian-g said:
It is okay, you can apply after six months !
My first visa application was denied, then i had two approved
after it.

Marhaba bro, :)
I came to Canada through US boarders, Long story shot, I'm a permanent residence now and I applied for US visa but I got rejected, when I asked, They told me because you have entered Canada through US.

I just wanted to know if you ever heard about a similar issue, also I'm planning to apply again but very scared of getting rejected and would like to know your opinion about this.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
YoyoTofi said:
I came to Canada through US boarders, Long story shot, I'm a permanent residence now and I applied for US visa but I got rejected, when I asked, They told me because you have entered Canada through US.

I just wanted to know if you ever heard about a similar issue, also I'm planning to apply again but very scared of getting rejected and would like to know your opinion about this.
This basically means they don't feel you have strong enough ties to Canada at this time. I wouldn't apply again unless you can demonstrate much stronger ties. I may make sense to wait 6-8 months before trying again.

lulitta

Nov 3, 2016
YoyoTofi said:

Can I know did you try to apply again??

canadatraveldocument

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
YoyoTofi said:

i have similar issue like you, i went to USA consulate in Toronto last year, it just took less 20 seconds interview what a shame to me i had wear very nice gentleman clothes but wont work hahahah, she quickly give it to me a Red notes and told me you should go back to your country not to come here to apply asylum and go apply next time ,,,anyway i dont want go back next time they may reject me again but they just want money so i may wait until im getting my Canadian citizenship , but if you go back please share yours