+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visitor Visa Question

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Greetings All

I am a new Canadian permanent resident and here in Canada for few months to finish my landing. I will be going back in couple of months time to India and continuing my job there for now. But while I am here in Canada, I was hoping to apply for the B-2 Visa so that I can visit some extended family in states. Here is my brief history:

1. I was on student visa in Canada for 2 years
2. I was then on worker visa in Canada for 9 years
3. I then went back to India and have been working there for a year and a half (Still working there).
4. Went to Dubai couple of months back on visitor visa for a week.
5. Now a landed permanent resident in Canada and here for few months before I head back to India.

All the history above is in chronological order, without any gaps for the past 13 years. So my question is, given my history and that I do not yet have a job in Canada (but I am working full time in India), should I go ahead and apply for visitor visa? If I do, what are my chances of success here? Can you see any concerns?

You feedback is much appreciated.

Many Thanks.
P.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You can apply for a B2 visa. Cannot comment on your chances of success, what information you already provided is only a fraction of the information about you that you will be screened for.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
bellaluna said:
You can apply for a B2 visa. Cannot comment on your chances of success, what information you already provided is only a fraction of the information about you that you will be screened for.
Thank you for replying @bellaluna!

I thought that was all that was needed to show that I will be returning to Canada and not looking to go underground there. What else will they be asking for? Can you please advise? I can prepare well in advance then and have all the proofs if necessary.

OzTraveller

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-16
Doc's Request.
21-09-16
AOR Received.
16-06-16
Med's Done....
18-06-16
pkssandhu said:
Greetings All

I am a new Canadian permanent resident and here in Canada for few months to finish my landing. I will be going back in couple of months time to India and continuing my job there for now. But while I am here in Canada, I was hoping to apply for the B-2 Visa so that I can visit some extended family in states. Here is my brief history:

1. I was on student visa in Canada for 2 years
2. I was then on worker visa in Canada for 9 years
3. I then went back to India and have been working there for a year and a half (Still working there).
4. Went to Dubai couple of months back on visitor visa for a week.
5. Now a landed permanent resident in Canada and here for few months before I head back to India.

All the history above is in chronological order, without any gaps for the past 13 years. So my question is, given my history and that I do not yet have a job in Canada (but I am working full time in India), should I go ahead and apply for visitor visa? If I do, what are my chances of success here? Can you see any concerns?

You feedback is much appreciated.

Many Thanks.
P.
When it comes to US visa, no one can really tell you whether or not your application would be successful. I'm afraid you'll just need to apply to know.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
pkssandhu said:
Thank you for replying @bellaluna!

I thought that was all that was needed to show that I will be returning to Canada and not looking to go underground there. What else will they be asking for? Can you please advise? I can prepare well in advance then and have all the proofs if necessary.
Nothing, it is just an interview. More often than not, they will approve or deny based on your application form and the interview without asking for any documents.

If you really want to bring some documents, perhaps your bank statement and proof of residence in Canada, plus COPR or PR card will do.

Previously, Canadian PRs could go to the US visa-free. These days, a B2 visa is just a formality, but I have still heard of a few denials every now and then.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Thank you all for your feedback. If I do end up applying, I will update the thread on how it went.

Thanks again.