+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US visit visa query

anil.sharma

Nov 23, 2018
Hi Friends

I am planning to apply for a US visitor visa, while filling the ds160 form, they have asked for employer address.

I work from home for a US company. The company doesn't have a physical location in Canada.

The doubt I have is if I provide my employer US address, it may raise a doubt in the visa officer mind that I am going for work, since my employer is in US.

Anyone with a similar experience ?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Friends

I am planning to apply for a US visitor visa, while filling the ds160 form, they have asked for employer address.

I work from home for a US company. The company doesn't have a physical location in Canada.

The doubt I have is if I provide my employer US address, it may raise a doubt in the visa officer mind that I am going for work, since my employer is in US.

Thanks
This is probably a more appropriate question to post to a US immigration forum.

You may also want to try posting it to this section of this forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/h-1b-holders-in-the-u-s.59/

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Hi Friends

Thanks
Provide the address of Head Office of your company. There should not be any problem. You can also provide your home address as your work address. US visa application is always followed by interview wherein you can clarify the same if asked by the officer.