+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US visit interview with an expired PR card, PR card renewal still in process

Kalandar

Aug 21, 2014
Hello Folks,

Need your expert advice on this. I have applied for my US B1 visa 6 months back and interview is on October 20, but my PR card is expired in 2021 and my application for renewal PR card is still in progress ever since. I thought that by the time I will get my interview date I will get my renewed PR card however there is no update inspite of filling multiple webfoms and numerous call to IRCC. Will there be an issue regarding my legal status in Canada in the interview due to no valid PR card? I have a COPR (expired) and PR card expired and wondering will they be taken into consideration by the officer in issuing visit visa . What documents should I need to carry along as a proof.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Fantinho Pereira

Sep 26, 2019
Hello Folks,

Need your expert advice on this. I have applied for my US B1 visa 6 months back and interview is on October 20, but my PR card is expired in 2021 and my application for renewal PR card is still in progress ever since. I thought that by the time I will get my interview date I will get my renewed PR card however there is no update inspite of filling multiple webfoms and numerous call to IRCC. Will there be an issue regarding my legal status in Canada in the interview due to no valid PR card? I have a COPR (expired) and PR card expired and wondering will they be taken into consideration by the officer in issuing visit visa . What documents should I need to carry along as a proof.

Any inputs would be appreciated.
I am in the similar situation. My PR card renewal is ongoing and i am schedule to appear for my US interview. If the PR card is not renewed in time, will that impact the US visa application. Also, what documents to carry for the US interview to support the PR Card copy? Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the similar situation. My PR card renewal is ongoing and i am schedule to appear for my US interview. If the PR card is not renewed in time, will that impact the US visa application. Also, what documents to carry for the US interview to support the PR Card copy? Thank you
Why would the PR Card even be an issue for U.S. immigration? I would hope that they are very much aware that only a PR Card expires. PR status, does not expire.

If you PR card expires before you plan to return to Canada, be sure to re-enter Canada at a land border (PoE) since a valid PR Card is required if returning via a commercial carrier, since you do not hold a valid U.S. passport.