+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US visa refusal letter requested during federal stage of QSW

zackyin

Sep 9, 2020
hi guys, would really need some helps or input regarding the issue i have. i submitted my federal stage application under QSW in Feb 2021, received medical and bio request in Feb 2022, and today i received a request letter asking for the US visa refusal letter which is a B2 visitor visa that i applied in 2013 but was rejected. I think the refusal letter it refers to is the slip of paper that the officer gave after the interview. Problem is that was many years ago and i no longer have the letter. And i can't find anywhere that i can retrieve the result online. The only document i have related to it is the interview appointment confirmation sent by email containing the applicatin ID.

Do you guys think the confirmation email would be sufficient or it would cause a serios problem to my PR application as in the request letter it states that if the document is not received it could be refused as incomplete?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi guys, would really need some helps or input regarding the issue i have. i submitted my federal stage application under QSW in Feb 2021, received medical and bio request in Feb 2022, and today i received a request letter asking for the US visa refusal letter which is a B2 visitor visa that i applied in 2013 but was rejected. I think the refusal letter it refers to is the slip of paper that the officer gave after the interview. Problem is that was many years ago and i no longer have the letter. And i can't find anywhere that i can retrieve the result online. The only document i have related to it is the interview appointment confirmation sent by email containing the applicatin ID.

Do you guys think the confirmation email would be sufficient or it would cause a serios problem to my PR application as in the request letter it states that if the document is not received it could be refused as incomplete?

Thanks
As long as you declared the US refusal in your original application, there shouldn't be an issue. I would respond and indicate that you no longer have that document. Provide as many details in that letter as possible such as the approximately date you applied and were refused, why you were refused. etc.

zackyin

Sep 9, 2020
As long as you declared the US refusal in your original application, there shouldn't be an issue. I would respond and indicate that you no longer have that document. Provide as many details in that letter as possible such as the approximately date you applied and were refused, why you were refused. etc.
yes i declared it in the application.
is it a common document that would be requested from your experience? i searched in the forum and just don't see many people got this, if any. a little concerning to me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
yes i declared it in the application.
is it a common document that would be requested from your experience? i searched in the forum and just don't see many people got this, if any. a little concerning to me
I agree it's a bit unusual. I can't comment on why they might be requesting this.