+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visa - Protected Person

Dbaeech

Mar 31, 2017
Hello everyone,

this is my 1st post here as a new comer to Canada with "Protected Person, Syrian" just got my notice of decision a week ago and my PR now in process.

Well i cross the US-Canadian border "Detroit-Windsor Tunnel" and claim as a refugee in Canada thru the federal third party agreement. i have my Travel document now and i need to apply for US visa for urgent visit soon, so i emailed the US embassy-Toronto to ask them if im allowed to enter United states again as a visitor (Because i applied for TPS while i was in united states last year) and they reply to me that i have to fill three documents and reply to them too because they need to inform the Department of Homeland Security about my status here in Canada then they gonna setup an appointment in the embassy to close this issue.

after that i can apply again for B1/B2 visitor visa on my travel document, BUT can i apply it even i didnt receive my PR yet ?
they dont need to my PR in the embassy ??
if someone had the same scenario and get the US visa please reply to my post ASAP :)

Many thanks and sorry for long story.

sadala

Mar 21, 2020
Hi am in the same situation. For my case I had applied for US Asylum and got a withholding of removal. But then moved to Canada where my asylum was accepted. I don't know if I can still get a US Visa