+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US visa Interview with COPR document

Par rush

Sep 18, 2020
Lots of my friends on wp got b1/b2 so that’s not an issue . Good luck
Well, Work Permit itself is an Official Status Document, while COPR is a temporary Document to Use until you arrive into Canada or Get a PR card.
Not sure, If US Immigration department consider COPR as an official proof of status for Canada.

Thanks,

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Well, Work Permit itself is an Official Status Document, while COPR is a temporary Document to Use until you arrive into Canada or Get a PR card.
Not sure, If US Immigration department consider COPR as an official proof of status for Canada.

Thanks,
Right so can’t we show the wp permit which is no longer valid since we are on PR and the COPR document ?
Also COPR had a validity date too right like a year from our Medicals

Par rush

Sep 18, 2020
Well, if the WP has expired already, then i don't think we can use it to show as a proof of status.

COPR do comes with Validity , but the question is Does US Immigration Department consider it as a Official Document for Proof of Status in Canada equally as other docs such as Study/Work permit, Visitor Visa, PR card ?

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Well, if the WP has expired already, then i don't think we can use it to show as a proof of status.

COPR do comes with Validity , but the question is Does US Immigration Department consider it as a Official Document for Proof of Status in Canada equally as other docs such as Study/Work permit, Visitor Visa, PR card ?
Well in my case the wp has validity until next year but since I got COPR I think the wp doesn’t count as a status anymore

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
My cousin got B2 when her WP was under extension so I think a COPR should totally be fine , however I would wait for some experts to confirm

Takita

May 12, 2021
My cousin got B2 when her WP was under extension so I think a COPR should totally be fine , however I would wait for some experts to confirm
I have an B1/B2 appointment next week 9/28 in Toronto. Currently on WP valid until 2024. PR ITA received.

Mind sharing what questions were asked?

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
I have an B1/B2 appointment next week 9/28 in Toronto. Currently on WP valid until 2024. PR ITA received.

Mind sharing what questions were asked?
Just general ones - Why USA, whom are you meeting , where you work and when you plan to travel. It was easy for her though she was worried as her WP was in extension and was on implied status in Canada

Reactions: Takita

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022
Hello Everyone, just finished my US interview with COPR document and no PR CARD . when asked for status in Canada i just showed my COPR and they didnt ask any further questions . I also saw couple of work Permit holders apply for US visa while on implied status (their WP expired but they had applied extension and had that documents) 1 of them got it too did not meet the other guy so not sure if he got it as well .
Bottomline- PR card is not mandatory, I have not come across anyone in the forum or my friend list who was not allowed to go for the interview when they did not have PR card but only had other docs to prove their status. Also though this is evident but saying it for a few people - its completely ok to apply while on WP as long as we have good proof of work (paystub etc) as backup. I am not sure about applying visitor visa on Student visa though

Downtown_YYZ Guy

Star Member
Sep 22, 2022

[/QUOT
COPR is perfectly fine for us visa

lanph128

Jan 26, 2024
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
Hello Everyone, just finished my US interview with COPR document and no PR CARD . when asked for status in Canada i just showed my COPR and they didnt ask any further questions . I also saw couple of work Permit holders apply for US visa while on implied status (their WP expired but they had applied extension and had that documents) 1 of them got it too did not meet the other guy so not sure if he got it as well .
Bottomline- PR card is not mandatory, I have not come across anyone in the forum or my friend list who was not allowed to go for the interview when they did not have PR card but only had other docs to prove their status. Also though this is evident but saying it for a few people - its completely ok to apply while on WP as long as we have good proof of work (paystub etc) as backup. I am not sure about applying visitor visa on Student visa though
Hello, did you get 10 years or regular 1 year?