US visa cancelled, how would it affect my student visa application

Tahanov

Jul 22, 2018
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
Hello experts! Last year my US b1/b2 visa was cancelled in the airport when I was leaving the US after a 4-month visit to the US, the officer wrote CWP on the stamped visa, the cancellation was due to that the officer thought I worked during my stay in the US( I didn’t overstay), I was wondering how will this cancellation affect my Canadian student visa application or a PR application.

dipeshp87

Jul 6, 2018
If you explain your situation, that alone won't be grounds for refusal. So go ahead and apply, as long as you haven't done anything illegal. You should be fine and remember Canada is a different country so as long as you satisfy their requirements they will issue you a visa.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Hello experts! Last year my US b1/b2 visa was cancelled in the airport when I was leaving the US after a 4-month visit to the US, the officer wrote CWP on the stamped visa, the cancellation was due to that the officer thought I worked during my stay in the US( I didn’t overstay), I was wondering how will this cancellation affect my Canadian student visa application or a PR application.
I am just curious, while getting out of US there is no immigration then how come you even encountered officer. Did he/she met you at the boarding gate?

Tahanov

Jul 22, 2018
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
I am just curious, while getting out of US there is no immigration then how come you even encountered officer. Did he/she met you at the boarding gate?
Yes, I encountered the officer at the boarding gate, I guess it was sth like a random vetting!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Are you sure it says "CWP", not "CWOP"? There is a big difference... "Cancelled With Prejudice" may mean more difficulties in obtaining a Canadian visa.

Tahanov

Jul 22, 2018
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
Are you sure it says "CWP", not "CWOP"? There is a big difference... "Cancelled With Prejudice" may mean more difficulties in obtaining a Canadian visa.
Yes, I’m sure it says CWP. Would it be difficult even for a student visa ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Yes, possibly. CWP basically indicates that the visa was cancelled for a violation. Canada will see this as a red flag because it implies that the holder doesn't respect immigration laws.

You can certainly apply for a student visa, but don't be overly surprised if it's refused. You should demonstrate that your circumstances are such that you are unlikely to overstay or work illegally in Canada...

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Yes, possibly. CWP basically indicates that the visa was cancelled for a violation. Canada will see this as a red flag because it implies that the holder doesn't respect immigration laws.

You can certainly apply for a student visa, but don't be overly surprised if it's refused. You should demonstrate that your circumstances are such that you are unlikely to overstay or work illegally in Canada...
I don't think CWP is a big red flag as such.

When my B1/B2 got expired, I went to renew it and they put CWP on expired visa and stamped a new one.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I don't think CWP is a big red flag as such.

When my B1/B2 got expired, I went to renew it and they put CWP on expired visa and stamped a new one.
That *should* have been CWOP as it was purely administrative.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I think they use CWP/CWOP interchangeably sometimes when they write it by hand.
What is the actual conversation you had with the immigration, how could they have possibly known you worked? Did you admit to working?