+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Tourist Visa refusal affect on EE

Gurikem

Nov 29, 2018
Hi Guys,

In August 2017, I along with my wife applied for US tourist visa and unfortunately we were refused.

I seek ur opinion in the following:

After ITA:

1. Would that have any affect on my EE case?
2. Would that delay my case?
3. In the statuary questions where I have to write YES for any visa refusal, after selecting YES option, a Box is provided, where I have to write something about visa refusal. What should I mention in that box? Date of refusal or any other information?

Thanks

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
It wouldn't affect your EE application, unless you were denied due to reasons that would make you inadmissible to Canada as well

Mention the time and reason for refusal and anything else you think might be relevant. Be straightforward and truthful.

Reactions: Gurikem

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys,

In August 2017, I along with my wife applied for US tourist visa and unfortunately we were refused.

After ITA:

3. In the statuary questions where I have to write YES for any visa refusal, after selecting YES option, a Box is provided, where I have to write something about visa refusal. What should I mention in that box? Date of refusal or any other information?

Thanks
Generally it has no impact and US tourist visa refusal is common. A lot of people with multiple visa refusals have successfully made it through PR process.
Good luck.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
It will just result in an additional scrutiny to know more about the reasons of the refusal.
So unless it was for a security reason, there is no need to worry.
I'd suggest providing an upfront Schedule A IMM5669. You will get a request for it 99,99% chance.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Hi Guys,

After ITA:

Thanks
My wife encountered two US tourist visa refusals and a cancellation of a US study permit. She mention all on her application and was never asked about it at any point in the application process or at her interview.