+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US to Canada

Vsbuchan

Jul 19, 2018
We applied out land from the US and our application is coming up on 6 months being processed in Mississauga. I thought ours would be a simple straightforward one and was so hopeful it wouldn't be a waiting game but it feels like it might last for awhile yet. Background check has been in progress since August 9th. Ugh.. I just want to be home with my Canadian family and friends!!!

Oct 11, 2018
We applied out land from the US and our application is coming up on 6 months being processed in Mississauga. I thought ours would be a simple straightforward one and was so hopeful it wouldn't be a waiting game but it feels like it might last for awhile yet. Background check has been in progress since August 9th. Ugh.. I just want to be home with my Canadian family and friends!!!
When you say background check, are you referring to your sponsor or yourself? Have you had your medical exam yet?

Vsbuchan

Jul 19, 2018
How long was it from application to hearing you were approved as his sponsor? Following that how long before he had to have his exam and have you heard any response from that?
My application was submitted April 27th, I was approved to sponsor June 29th, and I believe he got his med request around June 9th. There is only one doctor in the surrounding 5 states that does them so he didn't get an appointment until mid July.

Oct 11, 2018
My application was submitted April 27th, I was approved to sponsor June 29th, and I believe he got his med request around June 9th. There is only one doctor in the surrounding 5 states that does them so he didn't get an appointment until mid July.
Our application was submitted and received May 28, processing began July 11, we received ROA on July 12. No news since.

PrincessCRV

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-05-2018
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
Med's Request
20-06-2018
Med's Done....
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
21-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-2018
Hello, my husband is sponsoring me for PR. Our application was received by the CIC on July 11, 2018 and processing began July 12, 2018. Can anyone share their recent experience if they have a US spouse sponsored by a Canadian spouse? Wondering if in fact, it will take the full 12 months (there are no other family members involved). I know 12 months is the text book answer. Just wondering if there are any couples out there like us who had a shorter processing time.
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Yes, outland for US applicants is much quicker than inland. Mine was just under 4 months from application received to receiving COPR. I know of at least one other US applicant who had almost the same timeline as I did. However, my application was received on May 7, 2018, about a month before they began sending applications to Sydney first. Things seem to have slowed down since then, but I think it's about 6 months average for uncomplicated US applications at the moment. Inland isn't too bad though, because if you filed an OWP, you can work after about 4 months and you are able to be with your spouse the whole time it is being processed. If you "click to expand" under my name to the left, you can see my timeline.

I&D2018

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
July11th and inland? No AOR yet? Lets see what your lawyer but that sure sounds like an outland timeline.