+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US to Canada - Moving insurance?

dahauntz

Jan 10, 2018
Hi everyone!
My sponsor and I are going to be moving from the States to Saskatchewan very soon, and we're using Upack to ship our household belongings. I was wondering, what do you all recommend for moving insurance? This is our first real move together with an actual household's worth of items, so neither of us are really sure where to begin. :) Thanks!

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
Hi everyone!
My sponsor and I are going to be moving from the States to Saskatchewan very soon, and we're using Upack to ship our household belongings. I was wondering, what do you all recommend for moving insurance? This is our first real move together with an actual household's worth of items, so neither of us are really sure where to begin. :) Thanks!
If you have renter’s insurance, it might cover the transit. If you don’t have it, it would likely be more cost efficient to get this, than to look for insurance specifically for the move.

dahauntz

Jan 10, 2018
If you have renter’s insurance, it might cover the transit. If you don’t have it, it would likely be more cost efficient to get this, than to look for insurance specifically for the move.
We don't have it currently. How does renter's insurance work in terms of moving away from the covered apartment? I haven't seen any that covers anything beyond your front door.

Tubsmagee

Jul 2, 2016
We don't have it currently. How does renter's insurance work in terms of moving away from the covered apartment? I haven't seen any that covers anything beyond your front door.
You should look into it. I had insurance in US, and coverage continued when I moved to Asia for a couple of years. Different plans for options, which could include transit.

https://www.allstate.com/tools-and-resources/renters-insurance/ask-agent-renters-moving.aspx

DOES RENTERS INSURANCE COVER MOVING?

Renters insurance may help cover your belongings during your move in certain situations. Theft is typically a peril covered by renters insurance, so if some of your belongings are stolen as you move, your policy may provide some coverage — up to the limits stated in your policy. However, renters insurance generally does not cover accidental breakage. So if you drop a piece of furniture or it's damaged as you drive it to your new place, your renters insurance policy probably won't help in those situations. Be sure to read your policy to learn what perils it covers.

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
hi, the moving company will give you option of break insurance and it covers everything... I did same while moving from US to Canada