App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
I am currently filling out forms with my American spouse coming to Canada and I'm finding some things I'm stuck on.

the Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation asks if you are living together, and we are, but this is recent. It also asks that if you are not living together that you list each time you visited each other. We are now living together, and we also visited each other on 3 occasions prior to living together. Should I fill in the chart that doesn't apply to me, or include these trips in additional information? It is pretty crucial to include these trips because we got married on one!

Also, on the Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation form there is a question a place where the sponsor is supposed to list their employment history. Since I've had a seasonal job for 3 years, it's going to look like I was hired and rehired at the same place, but I thought I would attach a sheet to explain each season of this job to ensure there are no gaps. Do you think this is okay? I don't want to imply that I had a job for 3 straight years when it isn't even open not in the summer.

Thank you.

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bramb600 said:
I am currently filling out forms with my American spouse coming to Canada and I'm finding some things I'm stuck on.

the Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation asks if you are living together, and we are, but this is recent. It also asks that if you are not living together that you list each time you visited each other. We are now living together, and we also visited each other on 3 occasions prior to living together. Should I fill in the chart that doesn't apply to me, or include these trips in additional information? It is pretty crucial to include these trips because we got married on one!

Also, on the Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation form there is a question a place where the sponsor is supposed to list their employment history. Since I've had a seasonal job for 3 years, it's going to look like I was hired and rehired at the same place, but I thought I would attach a sheet to explain each season of this job to ensure there are no gaps. Do you think this is okay? I don't want to imply that I had a job for 3 straight years when it isn't even open not in the summer.

Thank you.
Question 1 - I would advise you are living together and leave it at that. If they want info on visits when they see they recent date of cohabitation they will ask.

Question 2 - I would fill it out that you have worked there for 3 years but attach a note advising of the seasonal nature of the job.

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
This would make it easier, though I was hoping to include receipts for hotels and restaurants on those trips, as well as pictures. I won't fill in the question but I'm feeling like I should include that as additional info so it's clear.

The work part makes sense. Seems they would just appreciate more info there.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You really should consider an outland application. American apps average about 4-6 months or less. It takes 4-5 months just to receive the OWP if you apply inland.

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
canuck_in_uk said:
You really should consider an outland application. American apps average about 4-6 months or less. It takes 4-5 months just to receive the OWP if you apply inland.
I mean yeah I know the advice is to do Inland but we're pretty sick of not living in the same place and have too many commitments in place to turn back at this point. I'll be happy when we get the OWP though.

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bramb600 said:
I mean yeah I know the advice is to do Inland but we're pretty sick of not living in the same place and have too many commitments in place to turn back at this point. I'll be happy when we get the OWP though.
There is no need to live apart. It is perfectly fine for you to remain in Canada as a visitor while the outland app processes.

bramb600

Mar 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
28-06-2017
Med's Request
01/09/2017
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no need to live apart. It is perfectly fine for you to remain in Canada as a visitor while the outland app processes.
Are the forms and procedures mostly the same? I am deeply considering it. Also, when I have to write her address it is okay to put the Canadian one?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bramb600 said:
Are the forms and procedures mostly the same? I am deeply considering it. Also, when I have to write her address it is okay to put the Canadian one?
It's the same except you select outland on the checklist instead of inland. Perfectly fine to use her Canadian address for both mailing and residential.