+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US residents - proof of funds

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hi fellow US residents,
I have accounts with both chase / Bank of america. Does either of them issue letters with all details needed by CIC for proof of funds? Any past experiences or tricks I need to know to nail down the proof of funds?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bank-statement-from-bank-of-america-t326473.0.html

According to this requests for BoA are completed in 48 hrs.

Cheers

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Thanks for pointing out that thread!
I have tried this online request before for other purposes. BOA sends a hard copy letter but it does not include any signature / bank seal/ bank address etc as needed by CIC. I am trying to figure out if they will issue a letter in the CIC format at all and what is the best way to approach them based on past experiences of people in this forum.
Any help from people who have successfully got a letter from BOA / Chase in a CIC acceptable format would be appreciated!
Thanks!

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
BoA will not issue a letter with a stamp or signature. The letter will be printed on a B/W printer.
The letter will not contain any phone, address or representative name.
I went to the branch myself and they refused to stamp or sign the letter.
I had to transfer funds to HSBC and they would do whatever I need for a $20 fee.

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Thanks julientran! I will not waste my time with BoA then. Can anyone with experience in getting a letter from chase bank weigh in on this topic?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

mariabas

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Look at the other thread posted above. It says that some people did get a letter from Bofa in the required format

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
Again, you will be able to get the letter within 48 hours, but the letter is not signed, stamped, letterhead with address or phone. It is just a letter in B/W with the average balance for the past 6 months, open date of account, and current balance. Just a plain letter you could even print yourself with MS word as they don't even use a letter headed paper... The letter is accepted by USCIS but I doubt it is by CIC

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
immigrationfun said:
Thanks julientran! I will not waste my time with BoA then. Can anyone with experience in getting a letter from chase bank weigh in on this topic?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!
Chase gives you a statement with 12 month average and account summary. It happens to have all that cic wants. The branch officer was also nice enough to sign and seal.

Reactions: asukumari

jetplane

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrationfun said:
Hi fellow US residents,
I have accounts with both chase / Bank of america. Does either of them issue letters with all details needed by CIC for proof of funds? Any past experiences or tricks I need to know to nail down the proof of funds?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
I got the details from BOA by personally visiting the branch. They have a standard format on the letter head but it is not signed. However, The branch manager was very nice and she signed and notarised each statement.

rahul_im4u001

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
US Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Hi all, for people who have shown their US bank account balance as proof of fund, does the certificate need to show the balance in CAD. I have funs in BOA account and they have standard format for the account certificate which shows average balance in USD.

i94forlife

Apr 16, 2017
immigrationfun said:
Thanks for the information guys! I will try my luck in chase.
Cheers!
Sorry to revive this thread, but could anyone share their experience getting proof of funds from JPMorgan Chase?

Chase customer service gave me a fax number for "Chase National Confirmation" and asked me to fax my request in, but it's been two weeks since I sent in the POF request and I still haven't heard anything.

seawaves0703

Star Member
May 16, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
R:9 S:9 L:8.5 W:7
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
is the account summary letter provided by chase enough? or is there some other document that they gve? Please let me know

seawaves0703

Star Member
May 16, 2017
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-08-2017
IELTS Request
R:9 S:9 L:8.5 W:7
Med's Done....
06-09-2017
Chase gives you a statement with 12 month average and account summary. It happens to have all that cic wants. The branch officer was also nice enough to sign and seal.
I have the same document. Does it need to be signed?