+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US FBI Police Clearance Scan Copy Image - Background text

jmal

Nov 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

I received US FBI Police Clearance Certificate 2 days back. However when I scanned that document, background filled with small words of "copy" text.

like " copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy copy " on each line for the entire document.

I submitted for US PCC through finger print agent, they told that they applied directly to FBI department only.

But i am getting doubt that why its showing "copy" text in the back ground of the paper.

I am sure many of you in this forum got the original Police Clearance Certificate from US FBI directly. Can any of you please confirm whether you observed the same background in the scanned image ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
This is normal. It is (intended to) prevent people from trying to create fake documents.

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
The FBI changed the paper they used for PCC a couple of years ago. It used to be on a light blue security paper. The paper should just be white plain paper now.
The one that has the COPY background is the PPC from FBI channellers, so your agent got it from channelers.

Vivotul

Star Member
Jun 15, 2016
I received my pcc on 7th Jan and it does not contain any "copy" like words in the background.

If ur agent applied through channeller and u r not green card or US citizen than u might be in problem later.

Please check through ur agent whether he applied through channeller or not...

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
Vivotul said:
I received my pcc on 7th Jan and it does not contain any "copy" like words in the background.

If ur agent applied through channeller and u r not green card or US citizen than u might be in problem later.

Please check through ur agent whether he applied through channeller or not...
Hi Vivotul,

I have also applied for my FBI PCC through an agent who is going to go through a channeller. I am not a US Citizen or a Green Card holder. What problem is that you are indicating one will face. Is it that the agent and Channellers are doing something illegal?.
Please reply asap.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

julientran

Apr 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
20-12-3016
pxyarala said:
Hi Vivotul,

I have also applied for my FBI PCC through an agent who is going to go through a channeller. I am not a US Citizen or a Green Card holder. What problem is that you are indicating one will face. Is it that the agent and Channellers are doing something illegal?.
Please reply asap.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
No, but your agent should have told you can go FBI channellers only if you are a US citizen or a GC holder.
Anyone else on VISA should send the request directly to the FBI, not through an agent or channeller.
The PCC looks a bit different if you get it from a chhanneller as it is watermarked COPY everywhere in the background while the one directly from FBI is on a regular white paper.

Feb 25, 2016
Hi Pavan,

To the best of my knowledge, it's only US Citizens or Permanent Residents who are recommended or required to apply for FBI PCC through channelers. Better take no chances and see if you could apply directly via FBI. Good Luck.

Feb 25, 2016
Hi Pavan,

To the best of my knowledge, it's only US Citizens or Permanent Residents who are recommended or required to apply for FBI PCC through channelers. Better take no chances and see if you could apply directly via FBI. Good Luck.

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
dineshreddy5000 said:
Hi Pavan,

Hi Dinesh,

Yes it is written on FBI website that Channellers will work only for US Citizens and Permanent Residents. But my agent told me it is no longer true. Applying directly to FBI will take a very long time (2-3 months time). I am worried what to do now.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
julientran said:
No, but your agent should have told you can go FBI channellers only if you are a US citizen or a GC holder.
Anyone else on VISA should send the request directly to the FBI, not through an agent or channeller.
The PCC looks a bit different if you get it from a chhanneller as it is watermarked COPY everywhere in the background while the one directly from FBI is on a regular white paper.
Hi Juientran,

Let me enquire with them and get back.

Pavan

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
julientran said:
Hi Julientran,

My agent told me that he is applying via the Channellers and that they are accepting applications from non-US citizens and GC holders also. Will the water marked copy sent by FBI Chanellers not accepted by CIC. In then case I only option is apply directly to FBI which will take a long time( 2-3 months.) Did you apply directly to FBI?. Please reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
jes_ON said:
This is normal. It is (intended to) prevent people from trying to create fake documents.
Hi jes_ON,

But the big question is will CIC accept this PCC which is a copy. CIC clearly mentions on the webpage that only Original PCCs will be accepted.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pxyarala said:
Hi Julientran,

My agent told me that he is applying via the Channellers and that they are accepting applications from non-US citizens and GC holders also. Will the water marked copy sent by FBI Chanellers not accepted by CIC. In then case I only option is apply directly to FBI which will take a long time( 2-3 months.) Did you apply directly to FBI?. Please reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
Sending a wrong PCC or incomplete PCC is one of the main reasons for rejection. Why do you want to take that risk. CIC gives enough time for you to obtain the PCC from FBI. Mine came after 3.5 months and they were kind enough to give me 60 days extension

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
moonpat83 said:
Sending a wrong PCC or incomplete PCC is one of the main reasons for rejection. Why do you want to take that risk. CIC gives enough time for you to obtain the PCC from FBI. Mine came after 3.5 months and they were kind enough to give me 60 days extension

Hi moonpat83,

My application has already been sent to the FBI Channellers. They might have sent it to FBI also by now. If I send another application would FBI not create a problem for me as why another PCC is being requested.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pxyarala said:
Hi moonpat83,

My application has already been sent to the FBI Channellers. They might have sent it to FBI also by now. If I send another application would FBI not create a problem for me as why another PCC is being requested.

Thanks and Regards,

Pavan Kumar Yarala
Better that than being rejected in my opinion. I am pretty sure CIC has stated that channellers for non-us residents and non-citizens are not valid. Dont think FBI would really care if you send a duplicate application as they have tons of them to process everyday

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp